New guy in Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Twil6

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 22, 2021
Hi
Got me an offset smoker, looking forward to getting it set up and seasoned. Been using a WSM for over 10 years. I mostly do ribs and chicken. My first smoke will be some ribs, then I will do a pork butt to get to know the new smoker. After a couple of smokes I will try a brisket as I have never smoked one.

I also enjoy direct grilling and do a lot of chicken, tri-tip and other stuff. I have always been a charcoal guy.

Welcome from Mississippi! Glad you joined up. Look forward to your post and pics. Tell us about your new offset.
Jim

Welcome from Mississippi! Glad you joined up. Look forward to your post and pics. Tell us about your new offset.
Jim
Its a Texas Original Pit Luling 20"x 42". I have been researching pits for over 6 months now and these are not talked about that much as the other big name ones, but they seem to be to be built just a nice. This pit checked most of the boxes for me, but the biggest is that I could get it locally and no wait time or shipping like some of the other ones. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Welcome from Iowa! Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks!

Ryan

Welcome from San Antonio Texas!
texas_zpswacwwmhm.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky