new guy here needs a rub

Discussion in 'Sauces, Rubs & Marinades' started by captain, Jul 12, 2011.

1. captain

captain Newbie

Hey everyone...what a great forum you guys / ladies have here. OK this is what i am looking for. A good solid rub. I am in my first rib smoking contest this weekend and have some experienced smokers talkn sh!t! I wanna try and sneak up on these guys. So a good rub and any little secret will be appreciated. I think I have a good sauce...well I think! Thanks for the help

2. Welcome to the forum!  Jeff's rub is a great go-to...it's what alot of people on here use!  Everyone who eats my ribs will tell you its worth the price paid!

3. cliffcarter

cliffcarter Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

4. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

[​IMG]    Glad to have you with us!

Jeff's is what we use, haven't had any complaints yet.

5. sunman76

sunman76 Master of the Pit

X2 on the Jeffs rub...

6. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to  your first qview.[​IMG]

7. A cheap way to start is Emeril's Essence. Add turbinado or brown sugar to it, take a taste and then you can adjust it to your liking with more ingredients if you choose.

8. captain

captain Newbie

Hey everyone....THANK U....I actually one. Yes, out of  twenty eight. For the first contest and only a hand full of experince I am stoked.  Had a great time with friends and family.[​IMG][​IMG]

9. terry colwell

terry colwell Smoking Fanatic

[​IMG]Welcome to the addiction!!!!

10. Congrats. What did you end up using for the rub?

11. rp ribking

rp ribking Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

That is awesome Captain!!!!

12. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

You da Man!!!

Congratulations!!

[​IMG]

13. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

14. daddydon

daddydon Smoke Blower

[​IMG]