New guy from Florida

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ZfromFlorida

Original poster
Dec 3, 2022
Hello All,

Just joined this morning because I was reading some threads online I found pretty helpful. My name is Zane, living in central Florida.

Rolling with a Traeger pro pellet smoker, and a drum smoker.

Looking forward to being part of the group, Brisket is my arch nemesis, and will have an immediate request for help!

Hello All,

Just joined this morning because I was reading some threads online I found pretty helpful. My name is Zane, living in central Florida.

Looking forward to being part of the group, Brisket is my arch nemesis, and will have an immediate request for help!
Welcome to SMF.
RE: Brisket. Couple words of advice. Do a full packer, not a flat alone. flats are challenging at best. When you buy one, make sure it’s bendy and not super stiff. Watch some YouTube’s on trimming And dont beat yourself up if you hack it a few places - it wont matter. I started running mine are 275 and that shaves off hours and there is no difference in the product. Briskets used to scare me, but its easier to just let’m roll.
post up when you are getting going on one. All the good people here will help you As needed.

Reactions: JLeonard
Welcome from NW Iowa, wishing I was in FL today. Temp was 5° on the way to work this AM

Hello All,

Welcome ... This is a great group. You may find that your belly grows larger and your wallet feels smaller, but you will find yourself enjoying every minute of waiting on that glorious thin blue smoke.

Welcome from Minnesota yeah scratch that for the winter.
Welcome from Central Florida (Four Corners).
You just missed a chance to meet up face to face with a lot of very experienced area members at the annual get together. it was my first and I really appreciated meeting and learning from these members.
Check out what you missed and plan for next year's hoo haa when they announce the long weekend.
https://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t...h-florida-gathering-december-2-4-2022.314891/

Welcome Zane, glad you've come to the party...
Brisket is my arch nemesis, and will have an immediate request for help!
It is almost unbelievable the amount of knowledge here on cooking everything including brisket. You will get the help you seek...

Hi Zane I live in Naples. This may sound dumb but does your last name start with Z too? If so I think we know each other. Welcome

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky