New guy from Chicago

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I assume some sort of drilling into the non-Camp Chef pellet grill for attachment. Anything else? The actual sear box would need mods?

Welcome aboard, None pooper here so sorry I can't help you out with your question.

Chris

Welcome to the site, from what I have read you have chose a very nice grill. I’m a stick burner myself so can’t answer your question But someone I’m sure will be along shortly to help you out with that

Reactions: ChiAndrew
This would be an easy mod to make. Lowes and Home Depot both sell various metal brackets with holes. With these brackets you could attach the legs and not disturb the cook chamber. Attaching this way would probably also be stringer and last longer.
So many options to make the station fold out of the way or detachable.
Of course there are other ways to do this. I see this as pretty easy with least amount of work and skill. (not at all implying you dont have skill!!! :) )

This would be an easy mod to make. Lowes and Home Depot both sell various metal brackets with holes. With these brackets you could attach the legs and not disturb the cook chamber. Attaching this way would probably also be stringer and last longer.
So many options to make the station fold out of the way or detachable.
Of course there are other ways to do this. I see this as pretty easy with least amount of work and skill. (not at all implying you dont have skill!!! :) )

WHat's a bracket?
Just kidding. That's some helpful advice on attaching to legs or somewhere that wouldn't disturb the chamber. Thank you. I'll keep people updated once I get the RecTec, and then once I get the Sear Box, and then once I cook on it!

Reactions: joedube70
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky