New grill first cook

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

JJS

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Mar 17, 2019
Hersey, MI
So a few months ago I sent my propane/charcoal grill to the big scrap yard in the sky. I also donated my 2 weber kettles to new homes (one had a serious limp and the other got smoked by a tree and the lid only fit one way)

I told the little lady I was getting a new Webber master touch kettle, after she rolled her eyes so far back she could see her brain she said “whatever”.......... feeling the pissyness in the air I figured I would wait her out, last night she said “this not having a grill thing is BS, I thought you were getting a new one”

After a quick trip to Lowe’s and the meat store I have a new grill and some steaks to try it out with!!

I will report back after she is burnt off and the food is ready
53C369EA-6732-4195-AF63-FE5E516EC27F.jpeg
750E0F7D-8966-473A-9437-42DF3B52E26D.jpeg

585B4E56-D8F7-4CD1-95FD-8F658C317A7F.jpeg

"Feeling the pissyness in the air......" I like it. Might use it.
We had that at our house a few years back. My wife doesn't like waiting for the smoked/indirect cooked dinner during the week. She walked past with a plate of burgers. She: "Where the hell is the gas grill?" Me: "Gave it to a co-worker. We don't have one any more"......pisseyness in the air.

Looks fantastic!! My wife gets that same look sometimes when I buy cooking toys. Soon after she is delighted with deliciousness. Haha

Congrats on the new toy. I'd be lost without my kettles.

Point for sure
Chris

JJS, congratulations your new kettle. that t-bone and those ribeyes sure look tasty, especially that last picture of the ribeye.
Never felt "she said “whatever”.......... feeling the pissyness in the air", my lovely bride only asks if we have room when I wanted a new toy, so I added on to the deck. I'm happy she's happy, and the friends and neighbors are happy.
Aw that Q!

Nicely done on both acquiring the grill and. The method of which you used to get it, and on the first use results.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky