New from Virginia

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rvachewlover

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 26, 2016
Richmond, Va
Hey y'all,

My names Patrick and I'm from Richmond, Va, but I also spend some time up in Harrisonburg, Va as I attend classes at JMU (double major; Political Science/Public Policy Administration.) Ever since I was little I've always loved barbecue, but now that I'm older and can appreciate food I haven't been able to find anywhere that makes barbecue that I'm crazy about. I love a lot of smoke in my barbecue and most places around here just don't cut it. So I thought, why not do it myself? I originally started in a crock-pot (I know I know; its not real barbecue, its pulled pork), but of course it lacked that smoke flavor (Liquid smoke never seemed to help
31.gif
) So I manned up and bought a MES 30 off Amazon. It just came in yesterday and I've got it all put together now, going to pre-season it tomorrow and do my first smoke Tuesday. I've been perusing around the site looking at rubs, recipes, and everything in between. I can't wait to get smoking. Thanks for stopping by. 

Hey y'all,

My names Patrick and I'm from Richmond, Va, but I also spend some time up in Harrisonburg, Va as I attend classes at JMU (double major; Political Science/Public Policy Administration.) Ever since I was little I've always loved barbecue, but now that I'm older and can appreciate food I haven't been able to find anywhere that makes barbecue that I'm crazy about. I love a lot of smoke in my barbecue and most places around here just don't cut it. So I thought, why not do it myself? I originally started in a crock-pot (I know I know; its not real barbecue, its pulled pork), but of course it lacked that smoke flavor (Liquid smoke never seemed to help
31.gif
) So I manned up and bought a MES 30 off Amazon. It just came in yesterday and I've got it all put together now, going to pre-season it tomorrow and do my first smoke Tuesday. I've been perusing around the site looking at rubs, recipes, and everything in between. I can't wait to get smoking. Thanks for stopping by. 
Hello Fellow Newbie and Virginian !
Welcome to the Forum, nicest bunch of people you could find here, and they all share and help, you will love it  
thumb1.gif

I just got one myself, have not seasoned it yet, did a rack mod to it and waiting for the extra 3 racks I ordered from Master Built Directly, they are cheaper if you can afford to wait .....................as soon as they get here I will season it and I will post my rack mod with pis and procedure, now I will have 8 racks for Jerky !
I am starting up with Jerky, and wet brining and curing the meat prior to cold smoke and dehydrating the Jerk, can't wait to get it rolling ! 
welcome1.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky