New From Norfolk UK

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thrifty

Original poster
Jan 19, 2014
Norwich Norfolk UK
Hi Guys Been reading about building smokers and Grills on the forums and seems like you seem to have it pretty much sorted witha ton of handy peeps and info. Thought it was about time i said Hi and Thanks so far for all what ive read up on.

A little about me, Ive worked as a cook in catering for a short time also did Hog Roast for a few weeks, always loved to BBQ food but here in the UK we get little chance to do it due to weather, thats about to change now ive read some on here :)

Also I have spent a lot of time in Eastern Europe and Cooked on open fires as electric and gas was not an option. did everything from baking to grilling.

Im a pure amature at cooking with no formal Qualifications apart from a food hygene certificate. ben cooking for about 30 years and simply love it, im addicted to TV cook shows.

About 12 months ago i did a business plan for a Grill smoke house which i wanted to open got very close to making it a Go, in the end common sense preveiled as the rental was way too high for a high street location and my limited experience meant that it was doomed to fail quickly, thus ive changed my plans and decided to try to learn the basics from the ground up by building my own Smoker and Grill.

For sure the UK needs this Type of food it would be a huge hit, I have a fantastic Range of organic pork and beef available localy and have got a very good local supply lined up we also have a great range of sea food available localy too, im so excited yet am trying to remain calm and carry on :)

Back to the bat cave and my proposed smoker grill build

I have a small 6ftx4ft trailer base

as yet not found any drum or steel but i have got some places in mind to get things for free Note my Nick name I hate paying for anything!!

also have got an old cast iron wood burner which i could use as a fire box? yet to be looked into calculated etc got some stainless flue pipe to fit it too

I am a natural hoarder and an engineeer by trade so can weld and do all the engineering required also i worked for a seal company so know how to sort gaskets out too.

Im super excited to start participating in the forums and chatting with you guys and learning as much as i can

I dream to open a food shack asap but was thinking to go mobile to start to gain experience and thow a few partys for friends to use them as guinea pigs for my atempts. got me a load of ideas for recipies.

Would like to link up with the other UK chaps as well, I have visted the States a lot of years ago but sadly missed out on a whole heap of food experiences due to ignorance at the time, but hey that may change.

Well thats me catch you all around i will stay in touch

ATB Thrifty

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hello and Welcome to our addiction.  A word of warning: There is no 12 step program for this one!  Many good folk here with a load of experience that they are more than willing to share.  If you have specific questions just start a thread and someone with experience will be along soon to offer advice.  All info you can provide us with such as smoker type, location and so on will help us answer any questions you may have.  Spend some time doing some research on the forums, tons of advice and recipes already available there.  We look forward to your contributions.  Have fun.  Good luck.  Keep Smokin!

Danny

Welcome to the forums! We are happy that you joined the group. You'll find plenty of information here with over 1 million posts! Make the search bar at the top of the page your new friend.  Or, simply post your question in the area that applies. You'll get plenty of helpful advice. 

Also consider enrolling in Jeff's 5 day E course. It gives you lots of great information to start you off on the right foot! Best of all is that it's free!

Again, WELCOME 

Brian

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky