new from KC

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

puck2660

Original poster
Oct 11, 2010
KS
Hello all - new poster from KC.  I'm looking to buy a smoker soon and have learned a lot already by reading the forums.  Hope to contribute eventually. 

The wife LOVES ribs, so she approves.  If I become good at this, I'm sure my family will be asking me to smoke all the time.  Thanks!

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Welcome to SMF. Is Strouds Fried Chicken still there? Man that was the best chicken I have ever eaten

Welcome to the site puck, its great to see another name thats local.

Hey scar, theres at least one left. They did a road project and the original strouds was torn down. That poor oll building was in pretty bad shape.

That place had the best gizzards I ever ate in my life - I have a tshirt from there and every time I wear it I think about the meals I had there - way too much travel for work

I hate to get off topic here, I never ate the gizzards there but I have eaten them from go-chicken-go. OMG

If you thought I could pack a pound or two somehow so that they would keep I would go down there and get ya a couple pounds. They really are the bomb.

Puck I am sorry. I did not mean to hijack your welcome - I just wanted to check on Strouds to see if you had been there -

Again WELCOME PUCK

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Puck to SMF. you'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction    

Gald to know that you've made the right move, SMF is the place to be. It's all good my friend.

What is up home boy! Great to see another citizen of  the"smoking capital of the world". My only piece of advise is absorb as much information and knowledge from these great people who are masters at this craft. Good luck and.......

WELCOME TO YOUR NEW ADDICITION!!!!!!

Howdy from down south and....

Welcome to SMF!!!!

Hi Puck. I don't know how I missed you earlier, but welcome. Glad to see another from the bbq capitol join. (sure that will be debated by others).
biggrin.gif
 You made the right move to join. Anything you need to learn about bbq, you will find here.

Hey Puck, nice to see you join. Being you are from the BBQ capitol you should have lots of good advice! If not and you have questions, this is definately the place to ask.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky