new camp chef 24 malfunction

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

shore_man

Original poster
May 22, 2020
just bought the camp chef 24 slide and grill,Last years model no wifi on it.
when i plug the meat prob in then press the button to switch to meat prob temp the smoker temp drops to 100 degrees smoked my neighbor out it was crazy amount of smoke. can anyone help me with this? or has anyone else experienced this problem?
thanks in advance

ok have to wait till tuesday thank you for your help enjoy the weekend

I am also having problems with their new all digital screen controller also.
that sucks,I didn’t mention this in my original post but it also fluctuates up to 20 degrees from the temp i have it set to,according to the digital screen if it’s right or not who knows

I bought the same smoker and it has worked perfectly. I do agree with the temp swings but I have learned to deal with them. It puts out some fantastic food. Sounds like a controller issue. I have toyed with the idea of upgrading to the Gen 2 controller but I have read you still get swings. If it isn’t broke......

I bought the same smoker and it has worked perfectly. I do agree with the temp swings but I have learned to deal with them. It puts out some fantastic food. Sounds like a controller issue. I have toyed with the idea of upgrading to the Gen 2 controller but I have read you still get swings. If it isn’t broke......
Well i’ll just use a digital meat thermometer for now, what are the chances of a brand new
ill just use a digital meat thermometer for the time being, what are the chances of a reputable brand new smoker malfunctioning? lol just my luck oh well.enjoy your smokin weekend my friend be safe and stay well.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky