New American BBQ Systems Cube

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Here's the butt.

IMG_20190302_180234468.jpg
IMG_20190302_180256993.jpg
IMG_20190302_181754652.jpg

Reactions: gmc2003
Looks like a success.

Point for sure.
Chris

I'm impressed with the build quality of this smoker. Held heat well, I was able to run consistent temps around 240. Loaded up the charcoal basket with 15 lbs of Royal Oak with a divider in the middle, forming a U shape of charcoal, lit one end with about 20 briquettes from a starter chimney. This burned for about 4 hours before I added more charcoal to reform the U and let it burn back. That was all the charcoal I needed for the 9 hours I smoked the butt. The ribs were all done in 5 1/2 hours, beans and potatoes done around 3 1/2 hours.

One nice thing is the size of this unit. I had the 3 racks of ribs and the butt on the top shelf and the half pan of beans and the smaller pan of potatoes on the second rack.
I also had a full pan with a gallon of water on the lowest shelf. The temp probe was accurate when compared against my calibrated remote probe.

Only complaint is I could not really get the temps much lower, I had all the vents closed and still ran at 240. The top has a gasket but the front door and the firebox door do not, the are pulled in pretty tight by the screw knobs when closed. I don't see any other places for air leaks, I think I will look for some kind if furnace type gasket for these two doors.

All in all, very happy with the performance and the product it produced.

great looking first run! Just curious I love the look of this smoker and the uniqueness... just saw one listed locally with smaller coaster wheels for $1200... can’t find a local dealer, not prying for too much, but compared to your model is this steep, a steal or just about right?

great looking first run! Just curious I love the look of this smoker and the uniqueness... just saw one listed locally with smaller coaster wheels for $1200... can’t find a local dealer, not prying for too much, but compared to your model is this steep, a steal or just about right?
I paid $1495 brand new, this is retail price listed on American BBQ Systems website also.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky