Nest Boxes For The Girls

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Got a couple nest boxes for the girls for Christmas. Put in today. They not sure about them yet.

IMG-1646.jpg

IMG-1645.jpg

IMG-1646.jpg

Couple have slacked off some but still getting eggs.

This mornings.
bbom.jpg

Past 9 days. My neighbors have been returning my cartons.
bbomb1.jpg

I've maintained a flock of chickens for almost 13 years and I've lost count of all the different nest box configurations I've tried...I've never once retrieved an egg from a nest box.

Oh, they'll lay BESIDE the box, in FRONT of the box, on TOP of the box (if flat surfaced)...they'll even go INTO the box and stay for a while, then EXIT the box, lay an egg, and RETURN to the box.

I gave up...lay 'em wherever you want, girlies!

I built in our nesting boxes and they have doors on the back for egg collection. All but a couple us them and they like to lay under the ramp I built for the girls to get to the nesting boxes lol

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky