needle valve parts list for masterbuilt, need confirmation

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

solman

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 13, 2015
can someone look over my parts list for adding a needle valve to my 40" masterbuilt? and let me know if it looks right (or wrong)? my assumption is that the oem masterbuilt hose fitting is a 3/8" flare.

smoker -> female-female swivel -> valve -> elbow -> oem low pressure propane hose

Capture.JPG

I’d spare all the connectors and just purchase the needle valve and a propane hose extension (3/8” flare on either end of the hose). Place the needle valve between the two hoses and your done. You’ll get precise control with the convenience of a longer hose. Did this on my old propane smoker it it worked like a champ.

I’d spare all the connectors and just purchase the needle valve and a propane hose extension (3/8” flare on either end of the hose). Place the needle valve between the two hoses and your done. You’ll get precise control with the convenience of a longer hose. Did this on my old propane smoker it it worked like a champ.

yeah i thought about that too, and i'm still considering that as an option. these two parts would be all i need. the valve would be further away from the smoker, but that wouldn't be a bad thing. it's not like i need to eyeball the flame while making adjustments.

Capture.JPG

yeah i thought about that too, and i'm still considering that as an option. these two parts would be all i need. the valve would be further away from the smoker, but that wouldn't be a bad thing. it's not like i need to eyeball the flame while making adjustments.

View attachment 382161

This is the exact setup I had. The valve was within arms reach of the smoker and I had no issues “eyeballing” the flame if needed.

Reactions: solman
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky