Need some advice on venting

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

borderman

Original poster
Jan 28, 2015
Cavalier, ND
I am in the final planning stages of my upcoming smokehouse build.

I will have inside dimensions of 29 7/8" x 40" and 6' tall.

Insulated with a Brinkman heating element, PID Controller and a Amazn

pellet smoker.

I will be using this for sausage, beef sticks and bacon only. No temps over

190F.

Am think about using a bathroom fan or hot water heater direct vent fan

to vent the smoke out through the garage wall.

Am I looking for trouble?

Thanks for your honest input.

I would start with.... 4 each 1" hole around the bottom of the side walls and 8 each 1" holes around the top of the side walls.. Fashion some sort of hood to collect the smoke... You are looking for a lazy air flow through the smoker... but an air flow ...

do not pull a mechanical air flow through the smoker... you don't have enough BTU for make up heat...

I would start with.... 4 each 1" hole around the bottom of the side walls and 8 each 1" holes around the top of the side walls.. Fashion some sort of hood to collect the smoke... You are looking for a lazy air flow through the smoker... but an air flow ...

do not pull a mechanical air flow through the smoker... you don't have enough BTU for make up heat...
yeahthat.gif

Remember to post some pics.

Happy smoken.

David

Thanks for your advice.

Am planning on two adjustable vents of the bottom .(both sides).

I guess I would be better off not trying to smoke in the garage.

Outside only. Just have to get the smoking done before it get to the -20 to -30F

months.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky