Need some advice- Klose vs. Patriot

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

urbanredneck

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 6, 2011
Denver
So I'm torn here. I'm considering the 30" heavy pipe smoker from Klose or a custom 30" from a local builder here in Colorado- here's the debate
1) The local builder is a reverse flow- and heavy duty. The build quality is awesome
2) The local builder is a little more spendy b/c I have to customize it a bit- a few hundred bucks more than the Klose
3) The Klose I have to have shipped in from Texas to Colorado, so that may wipe out the difference in price
4) The Klose is obviously money- an extremely well built smoker but I've never seen one in person, just rumors on the internets..

Anyone have any thoughts?

I live in Houston and would still consider your local builder over Klose.  First of all you are keeping the money in your area.  Second I don't know id Klose is even the best pit builder in Texas much less Houston any more.  If i was buying a pit today I would consider Gator or East Texas Smokers before I looked at a Klose.  I really like the East Texas Smoker company to tell you the truth.

I'd do the close one if it is well built.Otherwise the shipping will eat you up.
th_crybaby2.gif
I shipped a Tejas from Texas to Ohio and could almost get two of the local thingys for the cost.
icon_eek.gif

But I'm happy in that it is a great cooker and I can keep food warm or do really low smokes in the verticle portion/
0763d678_Betty002.jpg

I love this Smoker and after all the $$$,i'm glad I got it.I cook with wood and am having trouble with wood in my UDS. I hate the smell and taste of Petroleum products.

Have fun whichever way you go,and

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky