Need Help with ID of Peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I used a food dehydrator a few years ago for this, luckily I put in my porch. When I would leave the house it was like someone pepper sprayed us. I could not imagine if I had set it up inside the house, we would of had to leave.

Reactions: Johnny Ray
I use the recipe below as a base. Obviously swap out Habaneros with Ghost Peppers or do a mix (which I have done along with Carolina Reapers and Jalapeños) and add or remove whatever else you want to. Also, I have used both canned and fresh peaches. When using fresh peaches, I add sugar:

Thanks a bunch!
Johnny

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Bhut Jolokia ghost peppers dried ground into powder outside with your back to the wind. Found some measuring spoons 1/8 dash, 1/16 pinch, 1/32 smidgen. An 1/8 for a whole pizza. Smidgen per slice. Used a sealed pie crust to gather peppers in 2016. Not making a pie. Just powder. Easiest to dose with spice spoons.
Thanks. This is helpful!
Johnny

I like it a lot. Have given quite a few jars away to family and friends and have taken it to picnics and people seem to really enjoy it. I also can it, so it lasts longer. A few peppers go a long way as far as heat goes - I like to use it more as a dipping sauce or topping rather than a few drops like a typical hot sauce.

I’m going to try it then, and probably use the called for amount of habs or possibly more. I tried a habanero peach bbq sauce a forum member posted up here but only used 6 of them. It was very good but no heat whatsoever, at least for me.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Thanks a bunch!
Johnny

Of course!

I’m going to try it then, and probably use the called for amount of habs or possibly more. I tried a habanero peach bbq sauce a forum member posted up here but only used 6 of them. It was very good but no heat whatsoever, at least for me.

I’m glad you said this. I forgot to say that I leave the seeds in the peppers when making this sauce.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky