Need Help with ID of Peppers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I used a food dehydrator a few years ago for this, luckily I put in my porch. When I would leave the house it was like someone pepper sprayed us. I could not imagine if I had set it up inside the house, we would of had to leave.

Reactions: Johnny Ray
I use the recipe below as a base. Obviously swap out Habaneros with Ghost Peppers or do a mix (which I have done along with Carolina Reapers and Jalapeños) and add or remove whatever else you want to. Also, I have used both canned and fresh peaches. When using fresh peaches, I add sugar:

Thanks a bunch!
Johnny

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Bhut Jolokia ghost peppers dried ground into powder outside with your back to the wind. Found some measuring spoons 1/8 dash, 1/16 pinch, 1/32 smidgen. An 1/8 for a whole pizza. Smidgen per slice. Used a sealed pie crust to gather peppers in 2016. Not making a pie. Just powder. Easiest to dose with spice spoons.
Thanks. This is helpful!
Johnny

I like it a lot. Have given quite a few jars away to family and friends and have taken it to picnics and people seem to really enjoy it. I also can it, so it lasts longer. A few peppers go a long way as far as heat goes - I like to use it more as a dipping sauce or topping rather than a few drops like a typical hot sauce.

I’m going to try it then, and probably use the called for amount of habs or possibly more. I tried a habanero peach bbq sauce a forum member posted up here but only used 6 of them. It was very good but no heat whatsoever, at least for me.

Reactions: Central PA Cowboy
Thanks a bunch!
Johnny

Of course!

I’m going to try it then, and probably use the called for amount of habs or possibly more. I tried a habanero peach bbq sauce a forum member posted up here but only used 6 of them. It was very good but no heat whatsoever, at least for me.

I’m glad you said this. I forgot to say that I leave the seeds in the peppers when making this sauce.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky