Need a recipe for hard salami

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jts70

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Mar 12, 2007
Mayville, Mi
Been searching the web and the info is so varied I do not know what to think now. So I turn to you good folks.

Thanks!

Kroger's carries Hoffman salami......good stuff!!
biggrin.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_25.gif

Debi,

Let me know how they come out. That looks like the kinda recipe I am looking for. I am going to have to do some more reseach as i have never made these types of sausages before. Thanks for the recipes, somehow i knew you would have an answer. How is the recipe on your site? I was thinking on trying that one.

Thanks again!!

It's okay but not like Oscar meyer or real good melt in your mouth salami. After talking to many butchers that make salami they say a good one has to be fermented and aged or it's just a spicey summer sausage.

I tend to agree. I've made about 35 different recipes from books and on the net and they just miss that melt in your mouth flavor. I remeber my Mama making it and it hung in the cellar for months and months and turned white from the salimi mold. I dug out her recipe about a year ago but something was missing and she hasn't been with us since 81 so I guess it went with her.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky