need a new sausage stuffer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokerjim

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 14, 2014
Northeast pa
looking to get a new sausage stuffer 7-10 pounder, what brands does everyone like. willing to spend a little more for a better one but don't want to break the bank! thanks

SJ, I have a 5 pounder that I bought from the Sausage Maker 35 years ago and it's still going strong. I also have a 20 pounder from Cabelas,it is 20 years old with no problems

Reactions: smokerjim
LEM
5 pounder with metal gears for smaller batches.
15 pounder electric for larger batches.

I just picked up an old Enterprise # 35 press in mint condition for 100 bucks. It's heavy and built like a tank but it's made in the USA and not China!! It can handle 16 lbs of meat at a time. I have used the big F Dick stuffer and it rocks but the price is sky high. If your just doing small batches the Cabelas and LEM 15 lber works good and it's light weight. Northern tool has a 15 lber that's cheaper than the others. Or do like me and borrow a friends and keep an eye on craigslist or Ebay. Xmas is coming and someone will get a present that they will get rid of.

I've had a LEM 5# stuffer for years & it has given me no trouble. Metal gears. I have thought about getting a bigger LEM, but we do mostly small batches so it probably wouldn't get used enough to warrant buying one.
Al

thanks everyone, lem looks like most popular here, is anyone familiar with the hakka brand. just wondering because what reviews I read online they seem up there with lem and are quite a bit cheaper.

I know a guy that owns a Hakka and he likes it. I researched them and read about plastic stripping on them. Depends on how much you use anything before it wears out I guess. I see 2 F Dick presses for 400 bucks on Craigslist Seattle . One works the other needs TLC. If I was there I would buy them and fix the TLC and sell it for 500... Come out 100 bucks ahead and have a great press.

I was going to go Hakka but found some clones on ebay and saved like $40. Finish is a little weak but I am happy. Go with the real deal if you want if perfect. I really like the setup but it does leave a bit of meat in the stuffer. Consider this in your decision making. It's my first stuffer but to me, it's insanely overbuilt.

ok thanks, yeah I think most stuffers will leave a bit of meat in the stuffer

LEM 5lb and 15 pound vertical stuffers.

just ordered a LEM 20lb motorized stuffer.

I like LEM, but that's not to say there aren't equally good stuffers out there.

LEM 5lb and 15 pound vertical stuffers.

just ordered a LEM 20lb motorized stuffer.

I like LEM, but that's not to say there aren't equally good stuffers out there.
yeah it seems lem is probably the most popular here, and probably rightfully so. I guess they all have some pro's and con's. i'm down to between a lem and hakka I think

I've got the Hakka 7lb/3L model and I'm definitely not an expert on stuffers though I've used it a couple times. What I do when the tank is out of meat is run the plunger up on "fast" and push the remaining meat in front of the tube and it'll then push most of it thru. Not sure about the comment about plastic stripping but that must be the gasket on the plunger? I use food grade lube on it and if it does wear out Amazon sells replacements.

I've got the Hakka 7lb/3L model
I bought this one. And so far I've been very pleased with it.
do these crank pretty easily or do you need to put a little muscle behind it, the junky one I have now I really need to put some force behind it to crank it

I have same one as Steve. Only thing I've stuffed so far are sticks and that is through a 10mm tube. That is TINY. So it does take a bit of force but I imagine anything else would be much easier.

do these crank pretty easily or do you need to put a little muscle behind it, the junky one I have now I really need to put some force behind it to crank it
The only sausage I've done so far has been brats, 32/35 casings and the 1st run through I was actually surprised on how easily it cranks. No strain at all.

Eta along with the ones Steve H and zwiller have theres a couple on Amazon that look just like the Hakka, Super Deal and Zeny. If I had to do it again I'd buy one of these and save a few bucks. I'm sure they're the same thing as the Hakka.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky