• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Naked Dixee Chicks at Corn Cob City!

pops6927

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jul 23, 2008
I'ts funny you should ask that; I've been meaning to take some updated pictures of the smokehouse anyways!

Now, you know you've got the smoking bug really bad when you're outside at 4:30 in the morning taking pictures of your smokehouse!  lol!

flareside92

R.I.P. Gone But Never Forgotten.
Joined Dec 4, 2010
Awesome looking birds pops. If those pictures don't get your taste buds working then something is wrong!

michael ark

Master of the Pit
Joined Feb 11, 2011
Looks fantastic!Thanks for the info on the bag.I have been wondering you were you were getting them.All i have see were Emril's flavored bags on amazon.You made me laugh when you posted your 4am pictures
.It's not a hobby it's a obsession
.Was it just me or were them chickens huge.
Keep on keeping on and remember recovery takes time.

chubbabubba

Smoke Blower
Joined May 2, 2011
Thanks for the updated pics on the smoke house Pop, that baby's worn in well I can see from the blackened walls. lol

pops6927

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jul 23, 2008
That's the age old question when making henways....
Looks fantastic!Thanks for the info on the bag.I have been wondering you were you were getting them.All i have see were Emril's flavored bags on amazon.You made me laugh when you posted your 4am pictures
.It's not a hobby it's a obsession
.Was it just me or were them chickens huge.
Keep on keeping on and remember recovery takes time.

biteme7951

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Mar 21, 2010
Wait for it.......................................................................

sqwib

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 25, 2007
Awesome birds pops

... I don't know how these posts have been getting past me!

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I don't know how I missed this thread.

WOW Pops those birds look beautiful!

Thank-you for another great thread! Very informative.

shortend

Meat Mopper
Joined Apr 7, 2008
Great looking chicks, Pops! That Best Cob processor is only 25 mi East of me. Never knew it exsisted or that there was such a thing as corn cob pellets for that matter. I've got some corn cobs drying right now, because I wanted to try smoking something with corncobs, after having been inspired by the stories of your fathers meat market operation. I was planning to chop up the cobs after drying to about the size of pellets. I will still give that a try just to experience the old way. The pellets however look to be one heck of a lot easier. We have a TS sore in town and I'm going to have to get some of those. Which of the pellet products did you use? Are they all pretty much the same, or is there a difference between them?

Thanks Pops

ShortEnd

pops6927

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jul 23, 2008
I'm still using the pellets Todd sent me so I"m not sure, but they smoked those henways with ease!  I'm doing a bunch of cheeses tomorrow morning when it's cool to try out my "new" cold smokehouse with Todd's GREAT patented invention!  I plan on hanging all the cheeses in stockinette like I did the henways.., may try some of the hardwood pellets he included too!

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
I'm still using the pellets Todd sent me so I"m not sure, but they smoked those henways with ease!  I'm doing a bunch of cheeses tomorrow morning when it's cool to try out my "new" cold smokehouse with Todd's GREAT patented invention!  I plan on hanging all the cheeses in stockinette like I did the henways.., may try some of the hardwood pellets he included too!
Wow!

What a great idea!!!

I never even thought of smoking any henways with my AMNPS.

Thanks Pops---I'll get a couple tomorrow, if they have any!!!

Bear

nwdave

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 9, 2009
Oh Woe is me!!!!
 (Always wanted to use that phrase outside of an English Comp class).  I went in search of Corn Cob Pellets at all the usual suspect places (even pet litter sections) but to no avail.  I found pelletized pine, I found, well, everything but.  Guess I'll have to go online.  Hey Todd, you gonna add corn cob pellets to your inventory?????  I'd love to try this on a turkey, cut in half by my local butcher.

tjohnson

Smoking Guru
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Insider
Joined Dec 29, 2009
Oh Woe is me!!!!
 (Always wanted to use that phrase outside of an English Comp class).  I went in search of Corn Cob Pellets at all the usual suspect places (even pet litter sections) but to no avail.  I found pelletized pine, I found, well, everything but.  Guess I'll have to go online.  Hey Todd, you gonna add corn cob pellets to your inventory?????  I'd love to try this on a turkey, cut in half by my local butcher.

Check your mail box in a week or so!

Demo Time.....

TJ

nwdave

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 9, 2009
You're the man, but then everyone knew that.

alelover

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 9, 2010
Great birds Pops. Never knew there were corn pellets.  Is Todd selling them yet?

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.