NAKED BRISKET

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ravenclan

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
OTBS Member
Sep 8, 2009
Newalla,Oklahoma
Have a friend that has stomach problems and can not have a lot of seasoning, so my questions is.

i have done naked ribs and I like them a lot. But i never done or heard of any one doing a naked brisket, "nothing on it" .

Has any one tried or done it?

There are a few BBQ joints i was at in Southern US that did naked brisket. Some people don;t season at all to enjoy the meat / smoke taste.

The seasoning is just one part of the flavor profile and is almost entirely confined to the outer layers of the meat. It could easily be removed (not used) without affecting the taste dramatically. That said, Texas brisket uses predominately just salt and pepper for the seasoning. Not sure if that would be too much seasoning, but you might try that.

The big question is can your friend have salt or not. I think if he/she can then definitely use it but I can't see why not doing a naked brisket. Might be surprised on how much beef flavor it brings out all on it's own. I'd be curious to hear how it turns out.

I don't see why it still won't be delicious. I like SP, SPGO and sometimes add a couple others but really not sure how much of a difference some of them make besides the pepper and of course a little salt. Like stated before if your friend can take a little salt use some and let it soak in, if even that can be a problem I say let'r rip naked. I am actually thinking about testing out on a naked chuck roast beings I have a couple sitting around

Nothing ventured = nothing gained.
Try something smaller like a roast. Then work up.
You can always season your portion on your own plate.

It is very Noble of you to extend yourself to try and be considerate for your friend. :emoji_thumbsup:

Nothing ventured = nothing gained.
Try something smaller like a roast. Then work up.
You can always season your portion on your own plate.

It is very Noble of you to extend yourself to try and be considerate for your friend. :emoji_thumbsup:

I love to cook and entertain and it kills me to watch him and not be able to eat food that i have cooked for our family and friend get-togethers. I did the naked ribs and smoked chicken for him but he loves brisket so I am going to try and see what he thinks of it.

You should be fine and it will taste great. I only use a small amount of S&P on my briskets and PP. So reducing it to zero wouldn't be an issue for me. That and the fact that your friend knows your thinking of him/her will overcome any lack of spices.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky