My YS480s on the Competition Cart is shipping soon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

YoderGuy

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 6, 2011
This will be my first Yoder, I have been a Traeger owner for many years, and a GMG Daniel Boon user the past couple years. (because that is all I had left)
I lost both my Traegers in the Tubbs fire of 2017, along with everything else.
So I decided, to treat myself to a real quality, Made in the USA replacement.
It should be here in the next couple of weeks, and I cannot wait!

Reactions: ofelles
I remember reading about that fire in the news. What a tragedy. I hope material things were the only things you lost. Good luck with your Yoder. I've heard great things about them.

It has been a long two years, but yes, material things only, in our new house and getting used to things.

Enjoy. I have had my YS640 for a year and really enjoy it. I'm interested in hearing how the new controller works. I may want to upgrade once Yoder comes out with the retro.

Enjoy. I have had my YS640 for a year and really enjoy it. I'm interested in hearing how the new controller works. I may want to upgrade once Yoder comes out with the retro.

Love your Avatar

The Yoder has left the Factory and will spend the next week on the road.
5:51 am KANSAS CITY, MO In transit

The Yoder has arrived
EOS Rebel SL2_1232s.JPG

I ran her up to 350° with the included pellets, and let it go for a couple hours.
Then I threw a grill mat on and whipped up a quick dinner, no pics.
Was not prepared to soil her just yet.

I watched a video of a guy seasoning a new one for a customer, he did the burn in, then threw some big slabs of pork fat on, at 250° for 5 hours

Any thoughts of this?

Throw a nice big butt on there and have yourself some pulled pork. Then some ribs or a brisket. Just dive in the deep end!

I am currently seasoning it with the method from the Yoder forum's Yoder_Herb
Which is, after the burn in, I pulled everything out, wiped down everything with a dry cloth to remove any residue. I then sprayed the entire interior with Canola oil, inside walls, inside the lid, grates, etc. I am now running it in at 350° for an hour. After which I will throw in a rack of ribs which are all seasoned with dry rub and waiting to go.

That's a good looking bit of kit (as a Brit might say).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky