My weekend project

Discussion in 'Wood Smokers' started by drumbic, Aug 20, 2017.

1. So I have nothing planned for the smoker for the next few weeks. SO I decided to take the time to address some surface rust issue I had going.  Initially I was just going to fix the spots that needed it... Well.. it just didnt look right... LOL

It started as a simple rust repair... to complete new paint, new wheels, new casters, new castle nuts.  (Yes I will be swapping out the red wheels for a set of black.)  

Cost me about 50 bucks.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
  2. pops6927

pops6927 Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wood, charcoal, pellet, stick... what kind of a smoker is it?

3. Wood/Charcoal. Brinkmann Vertical. Its an older model. I picked it up a couple years ago from Craigslist for 40 bucks.

4. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

It looks brand new!

Nice job!

Al

5. Thanks all.   Here is it with the black wheels installed.  Those red ones just bugged me...

6. mowin

mowin Master of the Pit

Looks nice. Great job cleaning her up. But i kinda liked the red wheels. Lol

7. Firebrick in place. Dampner should be done tomorrow. I had to bust out my caveman Ingenuity as I had to cut a few bricks down..