My Weekend Meatapoluzza

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

HushyQ

Smoke Blower
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 30, 2023
Cleveland, Ohio
By request it was time for another batch of Jalapeño Cheddar Sausage and since I had a long weekend off I decided to also make a bunch more Pastrami. Picked up a Choice Brisket from Costco(No Prime) and also an Angus from Restaurant Depot. For the pork I decided on the precut Pork Belly at Costco with the idea of also doing some PB Burnt Ends you all had me salivating over, lol. I also recently purchased my first vac sealer and wanted to do SmokinAls brisket Pastrami again but vac seal like he did instead of in a ziplock. Wow, it was so cool to see the spice just suck right in the brisket while I sealed. I'm gonna like this new toy!!!! Why did I wait so long to get one of these, lol. For the sausage I decided to use Chudds starter instead of making the seasoning to save time and experimented with beer in place of some of the water(note. Not a fan. Will go back to water only) Definitely getting a little better at linking and the casings from my butcher are just a game changer. Thanks to you all for your tips!!!!! Just thought I'd share some pics.
batch 3 Jalepeno Cheddar.jpg

Double smoked 3rd batch.jpg
JC dinner plate.jpg

Black Beans and Tostones made for a fine meal

1st Vac Corned Beef.jpg

4 Corned beefs Vac'd.jpg

Can't wait to see the difference vac sealing does as opposed to just ziplocks.
PB burnt ends.jpg

The leftover pork belly nugs coated in Three Little Pigs KC Championship rub, smoked then wrapped with butter, brown sugar and canine pepper. Wow, these were really tasty. Cosco cut was a little too thin so I will be buying whole pieces and chunking em a little bigger. It was a busy 3 days but Meatapaluzza may become a new tradition. Thanks for all your inspiration!!!!!!! I'll be sending you all my cardiologist bills, LOL.

Nice
3 days of fun and good eats right there, and I could see me going into a sausage coma right there .
Sometimes I just can't stop if they are good ones , and those sir look like they are.

David

Sausage looks great! I too recently purchased a vac seal and find myself making excuses to use it and vac seal anything, ha.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky