My update on my "Beef" Pork Roast for sandwich meat

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rbranstner

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
Oct 18, 2007
West Fargo, ND / Northern MN
Here are some pics from my smoke from last weekend where I smoked up pork instead of beef. It wasn't roast beef in the the end but roast pork slices are pretty good to. This is the thread that I am talking about http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/fo...mp-out-some-roast-beef-w-qview-need-help-asap

Here are some pics.

297cf26b_DSC00442-1.jpg

Here is the thicker cut pieces.

d9913b6e_DSC00443-1.jpg

Here is a sandwich I made up for supper with the thick cut pieces. I froze two packages and I might try frying some of them and see how they taste.

8782a1da_DSC00444-1.jpg

Slicing the other roast thin for lunch meat.

c51350ee_DSC00451.jpg

2518c9ad_DSC00449.jpg

5b9832fa_DSC00450.jpg

Three packages all ready for the freezer and hopefully saved for a fishing trip or something. We saved one packaged out for eating this week.

cc72badf_DSC00454.jpg

All in all it turned out good after my initial mix up. Now I can't wait to do a real roast beef.

Last edited:
Looks like it turned out pretty good and tasty.

Craig

Man it all really looks great. The sammie looks delicious! Can't wait to see what you can do with a beef roast.

Looks like it sliced up nice and easy.  I'll definitely be doing some of that for work lunches.

p.s.  you're too skinny to be doing this as well as you do!

That's about as perfect a beef roast as I've seen lately.
icon_eek.gif
biggrin.gif
Looks great.  Now get on to the real beef roast.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

That's Great & it looks Great too!

Funny how sometimes a mistake can introduce something real good to you & your buddies (US).

Thanks RB,

Bear

That's Great & it looks Great too!

Funny how sometimes a mistake can introduce something real good to you & your buddies (US).

Thanks RB,

Bear
I am going to try and fry up some of the thicker pieces. It won't the the same as when you cure your loins and make smoked pork chops but at least I will get the idea since you like them so well.

Thanks guys.

Ross

icon_cool.gif

Now you will have some fine sandwiches to me. But next time I bet you look in the beef section for a sirloin tip roast Ha Ha.

icon_cool.gif

Now you will have some fine sandwiches to me. But next time I bet you look in the beef section for a sirloin tip roast Ha Ha.

Next time I won't just look at the tag the butcher put on saying sirloin tip roast I will actually look at the package it came and see if it says beef or pork. haha Stupid thing is even when I was handling it I knew it was pork and not beef but I guess I just didn't think much about it until someone pointed it out. Oh well I can be the guinea pig and we found out that yes you can make some nice lunch meat out of a pork roast as long as its a nice lean one like the sirloin roast. Oh well I can get a good chuckle out of it now since everything ended well.

I love Roast Pork sandwiches... Especially a Hot Roast pork sandwich... with some nice sautéed spinach, or dandelions, or broccoli rabe... I say you are on the right track with that!!!!!

As Usual Nicely Done!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky