My Tender Belly!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

73saint

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 8, 2017
Near New Orleans La
65BCC12E-18D4-4E15-8375-FF7127C61CAA.jpeg
95A815E3-ADD8-497A-BDDE-7F083B314C17.jpeg
E0023C16-3849-4AC4-8756-C871D7DEE638.jpeg
Went in the cure back on the 14th, been in the fridge drying since Sunday and on the smoker as we speak!

Happy 4th y’all!

I decided, since I have the time, to do each slab in a different wood smoke. First is hickory, next will be apple and the third will be pecan.

That's some Beautiful Looking Belly!!

Be Back for the Grand Finale!!

Insert "Popcorn" Smilie here.

Bear

That's some Beautiful Looking Belly!!

Be Back for the Grand Finale!!

Insert "Popcorn" Smilie here.

Bear
Thanks Bear! You know, I think about your extra Smokey thread all the time; and even though I don’t follow it to the letter, I do believe the warm temps that I smoke in (with no heat generated/only my amazen smoker) give me very similar results. My current ambient temp is right at 100, and won’t usually go much higher than that. But they remain steady between 80-100 the entire time, even at night.

Just thinking out loud but those warm temps and a steady Mississippi River breeze, in my opinion, don’t hurt at all.

Awesome! I have looked but wasn’t convinced to buy at their price. This might convince me.
It’s not cheap, for sure. Since this purchase, I have found a source about 45 minutes from here. Based on pics, I may make the drive next go round. I could save a good bit, the shipping puts the TB up there. but at the same time, I’ve been making a bunch of bacon with Costco bellies and as nice as they are there is no comparison. At least visually, well see about taste!

Reactions: mdgirlinfl
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky