My stepbrat just closed on her firts house

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mowin

Master of the Pit
Original poster
May 30, 2015
upstate ny
Wife's daughter closed on her first house today. She did it all on her own. No help from anyone. She's 25, new car, full-time job in hospital administration, with 15 staff she superives. All while taking full time online college classes for her masters, which she'll be done with next spring. Mom and I are very proud of her.

STEPBRAT threw me. I was going to say Good Riddance! But i see, Nice Job raising a Fine Young Lady and Congrats to her, are in order.☺...JJ

Reactions: mowin
STEPBRAT threw me. I was going to say Good Riddance! But i see, Nice Job raising a Fine Young Lady and Congrats to her, are in order.☺...JJ
So proud of her. Unfortunately she'll never admit I had anything to do with her becoming who she is today. Maybe when I'm planted 6' under, and her future kids ask, she might acknowledge I had some influence in her upbringing.

So proud of her. Unfortunately she'll never admit I had anything to do with her becoming who she is today. Maybe when I'm planted 6' under, and her future kids ask, she might acknowledge I had some influence in her upbringing.
Totally understand your mixed feelings. I also have a step brat. Thankfully I also have a step son and daughter who do recognize my efforts over the last 20 years lol.

Totally understand your mixed feelings. I also have a step brat. Thankfully I also have a step son and daughter who do recognize my efforts over the last 20 years lol.
It's been so difficult. She would never reach out for any kind of help from me, but if she thought it was only from mom, she would gladly except it, lol.
I truly believe when I'm planted 6' under, she'll realize my intentions and realize I only wanted the best for her.

Reactions: jcam222
Still a good reason to be proud of her! It's tough becoming the " new dad" at that age, at least for her. So just help mom be supportive of step brat and maybe someday she'll come around.

Ryan

Good for her. Sounds more motivated than others in her generation.
My natural children are of the same age and highly motivated in their careers.
Well, unfortunately she doesn't accept me as a father figure. Her mom and I got together in 2008 when she was 13. She would never ask me for anything. I will do whatever I can to help her out, but will never ask me for anything. So nope no bbq for her.
Bad age to step in as step dad. Sounds as her mother could have been more supportive to your cause.

Reactions: mowin
My kids will tell you I was a Good and Bad influence on them. They are all Feminists now and Im a Patriarchal and Oppresive MAN!😆...JJ

• Haha
Wife's daughter closed on her first house today. She did it all on her own. No help from anyone. She's 25, new car, full-time job in hospital administration, with 15 staff she superives. All while taking full time online college classes for her masters, which she'll be done with next spring. Mom and I are very proud of her.
Congrats to the young lady. Wish my step-brat could at least try to be more like her.
Gary

My kids will tell you I was a Good and Bad influence on them. They are all Feminists now and Im a Patriarchal and Oppresive MAN!😆...JJ

Ha!! Last time my step-brat and I had one of our frequent fights, she called me a "Nazi".
Gary

Ha!! That's what happens when you put a Redneck and a Snow Flake in the same house.
Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky