My Smokehouse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BGKYSmoker

Nepas OTBS #242
Original poster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Dec 25, 2010
Rineyville, KY
Here is my smokehouse. I did extensive research before choosing the wood used. I never go above 180* and can hang 200 lbs of sausage in here. It was propane but now pellet fired. You can see the pellet hopper to the left covered.

d5622931_DSC00757.jpg

How do you keep it so clean.  You put a lot of work into that baby and I know you get some good food out of it.  How about another pick of the upper portion.  I am interested in seeing how much venting you have and I want to see some smoke scar on it.

Good Job,

Al

Looks good did you use OSB for it?

Last edited:
Here are more pics of my smokehouse. You can see the vent here good. I went with a 6" collar with damper that is reduced to 4" to an elbow and straight up.

ddfe718e_DSCF7006.jpg

I use 2 large stainless steel pans, One for wood chips if needed and the other for water. These sit over the firepot.

f368bc62_DSC01120.jpg

b7b6586e_DSC01131.jpg

Here you can see the top left corner of the vent.

a06a0d18_DSC01106.jpg

Some of the pellet auger system.

518c06a2_DSC01132.jpg

16f7e10d_DSC01109.jpg

3b1fc092_DSC01107.jpg

27ffb560_DSCF7007.jpg

Hi Jeanie, I thought i might have seen you on here
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

icon_cool.gif

Yes sir that is one fine looking smoke house that you have there Nepas. Whats the inside covered with??

Very nice smokehouse for sure, can You tell Me where You got the smoke generator on the side of the smokehouse???  I believe its a traeger unit, thats exactly what I am needing/looking for, thanks.......peace.

thanks for posting your pics. been wanting to see this smoker up close.

needed ideas on one and this is at the top of the list thanks..

where did you get your pellet auger? what  kind is it?

Some how I missed this post as well. I have always been told to be leery of using particle board for the inside of a smoker. Did you notice any off smell or anything when you first fired it up. But I guess if you are smoking at lower temps like you said you probably aren't getting hot enough to have any issues. It's nice having all of that room isn't it.

Thats a Traeger hopper auger fire pot assembly from one of my pellet poopers.

I did tons of research before using the press board and found that you do not get any leaching at the temps i can maintain. I never go above 180 with it. I have seen smokehouses made with plywood that are just about charred inside and they say they have no weird taste. Infact there is a smoke sausage store in LA that uses 3 of the ply smokers.

When i built the smokehouse i used a turkey burner with a SS pan and did a season smoke for 20 hours empty.

So far i have had 200lbs hanging in it at one time.

Great Looking Smokehouse Nepas, Don't know how I missed this thread before...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky