• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

MY NEWEST DESIGN "meal of fortune'

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

salbaje gato

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Jul 28, 2006

thoseguys26

Master of the Pit
Jan 4, 2012
The small flat silver grate / grill area, is that a charcoal spot / warming spot or what?

salbaje gato

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Jul 28, 2006
That is where i sear most of what i cook such as steaks and burgers the surrounding areas TUBES I use for links and dogs

thoseguys26

Master of the Pit
Jan 4, 2012
that's what i thought. Will you be my pen pal? Have you had it all going at once yet?

Super cool!

salbaje gato

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Jul 28, 2006
I plan a big cook on friday with brisket, smoke-fried ribs, chicken- and links. I'll post a video of it all cooking at once.Hope everythng comes out right as I;m still chasing temp control on the different cookers.

daveomak

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Nov 12, 2010
I plan a big cook on friday with brisket, smoke-fried ribs, chicken- and links. I'll post a video of it all cooking at once.Hope everythng comes out right as

I'm still chasing temp control on the different cookers.
Sal,  You need someone to film you while cooking.... I can't imagine controlling all those cookers at once.... 

You may have a new version of "The Chinese Fire Drill".... for us to see...  or  "How To Really Multitask, Sal Style".....  Dave

salbaje gato

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Jul 28, 2006
sorry alelover  No video yet, had a really nice cook last Friday . Had all the cookers going ,fried some scrimp and heated tortillas fer fish tacos , did some ribs, chicken, and links.  all went well  I'm getting a handle on the temp ranges, and I,m really happy about that,  My vertical smoker cooks just like my UDS. LOng and low and slow. TWo problems 1 left camera home 2 Had to stand for the whole cook because my seat is still at the upolstry shop.  Did put a butcher block table on the trailer You can't have enough tables, I found some nice hinges that allows it to lay flat against the rig.  Love it.  here's a couple pics.
4f26b330_IMG_0912.jpg

smokinhusker

Legendary Pitmaster
Oct 20, 2010
That is a work of art! And I can't even imagine cooking on it cause it would get dirty! Love it

salbaje gato

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Jul 28, 2006
Thanks for the complement ma lady. You're right. it does get dirty, but at this point  since its relatively new I enjoy cleaning it after every cook, kinda like washing the saltwater off your sportscar after a drive down the coast.  I don't have a sports car. but it's kinda like that.

salbaje gato

Meat Mopper
OTBS Member
Jul 28, 2006
camera problems but the ribs were great. I'll get a cameraman for the next cook

africanmeat

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Mar 28, 2011
Man This is a great great  build allot of time allot of planing and allot of hard work well done on this great job.

alelover

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Jul 9, 2010
Love the chopping block. Great addition.

Smoked and deep fried ribs. That's over the top dude. Sounds awesome.

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Top Bottom
Clicky