• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My new GOSM 38" smoker

kranders

Fire Starter
Joined Jul 7, 2013
I just got my new smoker from Costco. It was a snap to assemble and I'm seasoning it now. I'm planning on my first smoke being a whole chicken tomorrow.

I adjusted the temperature gauge with some boiling water before assembly. It was easy to maintain 225 to 250 degrees during the 2 hour seasoning and a box full of oak Jack Daniels bourbon barrel chips lasted the whole 2 hours. At the end I set it on high and got it up to 350 degrees, I think I can crisp the shin on the chicken right in the smoker.

So far, so good...I'm happy with my first smoker purchase.

s2k9k

AMNPS Test Group
Joined Sep 8, 2011
Sounds like you are on your way to some good chicken!

pineywoods

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Joined Mar 22, 2008
Congrats on the new smoker. Personally I smoke poultry at 325 or so the whole smoke

seenred

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Feb 9, 2009
Good lookin' rig...congrats on the new GOSM!

Red

SmokinLogs

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Dec 5, 2017
That’s some good looking Q coming out of your new smoker. Nice thick smoke ring. Good job!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks