My GOSM broke!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

twistertail

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 26, 2007
Central Ohio
I'm in the middle of smoking a butt and the plastic piece at the end of the hose that attaches to the propane tank broke! It broke right into two pieces. Nobody was even around it. I went out to check on it and the temp was down to about 140 and I look down at the tank and see the plastic piece split right down the middle all the way around. Good thing it was already wrapped in foil and just coming up to temp, it was at 170 and I want to get it to 205. We have a 4 burner grill on the patio so I lit 2 burners on it and put the butt over there to finish it off. I think I saved my butt, but still kinda ticked off.
PDT_Armataz_01_19.gif

twistertail,

Were you able to repair your GOSM and how did you do it. I looked at mine and I could see how it would be easy to drop it when taking it away from it's hanging position off the GOSM side handle.

WOW I never had one of those break. That could be scarey if it leaked! Should be able to get a replacement at Lowes or Home Depot no? They look like a grill hose?

Yes it was only hand tightened, the same way I have hooked up my gas grill for years. I'm thinking there had to be a crack some place in the plastic already. I did get it fixed. Took the regulator off and took it back to Wal Mart and the gave me a whole new hose from where it hooks into the burner. I didnt want to take the smoker apart so I just took the regulator off the new hose and put it on the one on my smoker. Works fine now.

Well, that's cool that Wal-Mart replaced it for you. I'm kinda surprised that the fitting is plastic and not brass...
PDT_Armataz_01_23.gif

Well the inside part is brass but the colar on the outside with the threads is plastic. Wal Mart was great about it. People complain a lot about customer service but a lot of it is YOUR attitude when you go in.

That is so true anywhere you go... if you go in with a 'tude, you're gonna get 'tude right back, and walk out empty handed!

There are times you need to get a little red with people but you should always start out nice and friendly, sometimes its hard, but most of the time if your nice to people they'll be nice to you. Especially when they have already been getting yelled at by other customers all day.

They are ALL plastic, regardless of what you buy, there are none made of brass. Don't let a freak incident stop you from buying a GOSM, wasn't GOSM's fault, they did not make the part.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky