My first time trying a pork shoulder like this.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bassthumb32

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jul 11, 2017
Spring Run, PA
I had the day off yesterday and I really wanted to fire the smoker up for the first time this year. I also had a bunch of errands I needed to run. I prepped everything Sunday night and got prepared for Monday morning. I got the smoker going and got it to temp around 8:00AM and put the shoulder on. I smoked it for 4 hours then I put it in the oven in the house until it got to 205 internal. I’ve read people saying meat only absorbs smoke for a few hours anyway. I was able to get my errands done and finish up my shoulder. All being told I got done shredding it at about 9:30PM. This is probably the best pulled pork I’ve ever made. I am very pleased. Thanks for reading.

Nice job on the PP. As you found out there's always a work-around.

Point for sure.
Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky