1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My first q-view

Discussion in 'Pork' started by whitepony99, Oct 8, 2010.

1. So I have chosen to do pulled pork as my first q-view. I will be cooking in 2 days so here it goes[​IMG]

2. All rubbed down......................nice like

[​IMG]

3. Butt Brothers

[​IMG]

4. rbranstner

rbranstner Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Good luck on the butts.

5. arnie

arnie Smoking Fanatic

Good job!  [​IMG]

Don’t forget the final product.  

6. Dont worry will be updating throughout the day on Sunday, as the cook goes. I got some cherry I am thinking about that and some apple maybe I dont know yet

7. Bearcarver

Bearcarver SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster Group Lead OTBS Member

LOL----"Butt Brothers" ![​IMG]

You'll fit in here just fine!

Bear

8. coacher72

coacher72 Smoking Fanatic

Good luck and let's see how they turn out. It's looks like they are off to a good start.

9. Dutch

Dutch Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member OTBS Admin SMF Premier Member

Looking good so far.  When doing pork I like to do a wood mix of cherry and apple.

10. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Legendary Pitmaster Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Looks like your on the right path. What time are you starting them in the morning?

11. mballi3011

mballi3011 Epic Pitmaster OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG]

Yes sir ree Bob thats the butt brothers. I personally like the apple with pork, or beef, or chicken, or turkey, or some bacon, maybe some chuckie, and then maybe some sausage too. I like apple on alot of things.

12. About 5 am plan on eating around 6.

13. I'm not a pro like most guys and gals on this site but I would give myself about 15 hours for cook and rest time.

14. Last 2 of these I did were done in 12 and then rested for an hour, they were awesome too. I thought the first time would be 15 hours but I firmly believe every piece of meat is different so 12 to 15 remember you cook for temp not time.....then again I have only been smoking for a few months

15. Got a question never had this happen...........4 hours in my meat temp is 140 with the lid  closed, then I open the lid and the temp drops to 120?????????? Whats going on and I'm I safe?????

16. Edit it is a rather cool morning with temps in the low 50's

17. On in the morning

[​IMG]

18. Early morning

[​IMG]

19. Wisps of blue smoke

[​IMG]

20. About 2.5 hours in

[​IMG]