My first novel, Entangled Passions, published this week on Amazon

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

noboundaries

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 7, 2013
Roseville, CA, a suburb of Sacramento
My BBQ Brethren, Ladies and Gentlemen,

My first novel, Entangled Passions, published this week in Kindle and print formats at Amazon. It took four years to gestate, but is finally ready to find a home in reader's imaginations. Here is the back cover description:

Overworked software executive Jennifer Rolendti searches for her life’s purpose after a tragic childhood near-death experience. The event revealed the details and timing of her purpose, but she forgot the specifics once revived. Her life becomes a focused and uninhibited search for the critical knowledge she was told to remember.

Her husband, Dominic, a retired restaurant owner with a hidden past, supports Jenn’s search. Their boundless, unconditional love opens every door to find answers, even allowing men and woman into Jenn’s bed when necessary. He shares Jenn’s challenges as her search reveals layers of secrets in her life, launching her into a sinister corporate conspiracy that could end the lives of everyone she knows.

Entangled Passions is an emotionally intimate thriller with a heart of love and soul of sensual freedom. Mystery, science, and romance weave together to keep the reader guessing from the first sentence to the last.

The novel was a work of love for my wife, an avid reader who enjoys unpredictable novels. She's also a wonderful representative of my target market. Although one man, a beta reader, enjoyed an earlier version of the novel, the women who beta read earlier manuscripts loved the characters, the organic plot, and the transparent foreshadowing. One editor wrote, "What a ride it has been. I enjoyed it as much on the second read, which is saying a lot." A later beta reader's husband had to hide the middle section from his wife so they could get work done around the house.

The first chapter is available to read on Amazon if considering it as a purchase or gift. Take a look. Have your wife or girlfriend take a look. It isn't for everyone, but it is finally alive in the world, one day old as I type.

Thank you for your attention,

Ray

EnPassions-FrontCover-HighRes.jpg

Having your book published is awesome. Congratulations!! I rarely have time to read anymore. My wife however is an avid reader nightly before bed. I’ll have to see if she will read the preview chapter.

Congratulations Ray, what a great accomplishment! I'll be looking out for the title on the New York Times best sellers list. We do quite a bit of reading tho I'm mostly into a lot of action type stuff, Ben Coes, Brad Thor, the Jack Reacher books. I'm sending this thread to my wife, she reads voraciously. RAY

Reactions: noboundaries
Having your book published is awesome. Congratulations!! I rarely have time to read anymore. My wife however is an avid reader nightly before bed. I’ll have to see if she will read the preview chapter.

Thanks jcam! I appreciate the congrats. It's been a long, learning process. Hopefully the next novel, already in work, will take have as long.

Good luck. Must be both exciting and scary as heck

It is exciting, and scary, and anxiety fueled. Landing on an aircraft carrier was easy...because it wasn't self-taught!

Congrats Ray,
it is a huge endeavor to plan, research, write, edit and finally get a book published.
I know, I've watched my wife do it many times.

Thank you, John! I banged out the first draft in ten months. THEN I started truly learning what it took to get a novel in a form that would engage the reader. If I've rewritten it once, I've rewritten it fifty times. 102k words, plotted like a bell curve of action and intensity, plus scoped for timing with no plot holes and unforeseeable, but foreshadowed, resolutions. It's a dang good thing I'm so analytical.

Great work mate. Just bought it for my wife’s Birthday, I think she will enjoy it.

March 16 it will be delivered to Aus. $7 shipping.

Thanks Jabiru! I believe you are my first international sale! I look forward to hearing what she thought of it.

Congratulations Ray, what a great accomplishment! I'll be looking out for the title on the New York Times best sellers list. We do quite a bit of reading tho I'm mostly into a lot of action type stuff, Ben Coes, Brad Thor, the Jack Reacher books. I'm sending this thread to my wife, she reads voraciously. RAY

Thank you, RAY. A ten page short story I wrote for my wife morphed into my novel Entangled Passions. My wife loves stories of women who grow and change, so I wrote a story of a woman who has to rise above the secrets in her life to find her true purpose. I enjoyed the challenge of accurately expressing a woman's point of view, and according to my female beta readers and editors (3), I did exactly that. My developmental editor said, "The women in your novel are truly fantastic."

Love , destiny and deceit ,,,,,,
Sounds like the start and finish of my last brisket cook .

There's no brisket in the novel, but there might be in the next one!

Thanks again everyone.

Congratulations Ray, that sure sounds like some undertaking.

Point for sure
Chris

Sequel: Revenge of the Charcoal Nerds!!!

Ray.... Congrats.... I love stories of self made millionaires like yourself... lol....
That's quite the trek, four years following a single purpose... I've done that often on home improvement projects, trying to get them perfect.. catching snide remarks and threats from SWMBO along the route...
I digress, it IS a remarkable achievement and worthy of accolades.....

Dave

Sweet congratulations. :emoji_nerd:

Thanks, FT!

Congratulations Ray, that sure sounds like some undertaking.

Point for sure
Chris

Sequel: Revenge of the Charcoal Nerds!!!

Thank you, Chris! As months turned into years while I created my imaginary friends on the monitor, it was easy to question the effort. Thankfully, real friends on SMF, and the hours spent typing support and advice, were a welcomed break from the story that played constantly in my mind. My Charcoal Nerd persona was a nice break from being a Word Nerd! There is actually a puzzle in the novel tied to this wonderful place that only one editor caught. If anybody catches it...keep it to yourself.

Ray.... Congrats.... I love stories of self made millionaires like yourself... lol....
That's quite the trek, four years following a single purpose... I've done that often on home improvement projects, trying to get them perfect.. catching snide remarks and threats from SWMBO along the route...
I digress, it IS a remarkable achievement and worthy of accolades.....

Dave

Dave, thanks for the laugh! And the congrats! Hopefully, I'll be a self-made Hundredaire! I did not "write to market" with a specific genre, which is outside the formula used by traditional publishers. Thankfully, my SWMBO was completely behind this project. Her patience and support was incredible.

WOW! We have a celebrity in the house!
Congrats!!!
Al

Al, you cracked me up with that comment! Thank you, too, for the laugh. My "author's proof" will arrive today. I told my sis this morning it feels like I'm waiting for the Amazon driver to deliver my baby.

Ray,
my wife sends her heartiest congratulations to a fellow author.
She looked on Amazon and laughed, then blushed lightly and exclaimed, "This sounds more like Sex'capades than a Bodice Ripper!"

The 3rd book in her 8 book series is out, and the 4th is due in the Spring.
Plus she has contributed to a couple of anthologies.
I need to post those.

She says that when you're deeply dismayed by publisher's rejections to stay strong, not take it personally and send out three more submissions.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky