• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My first Fatties (Franken Pig Fattie)

g wikky

Joined Jan 7, 2014
My boss from work and friend of many years (Bigr314) introduced me to smoking. And now he has me very addicted to fatties. So without further adieu, the Franken Pig Fattie.
50/50 blend of ground Italian sausage and ground bratwurst to start as the base. Then layer black forest ham, honey ham, Virginia baked ham and ham off the bone. Cut a whole log of kielbasa lengthwise and lay a strip across the top so it rolls into the middle. Additionally we meant to add pulled pork and forgot. But it's all pork meat, thus the name!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smoke jenson

Smoke Blower
Joined Aug 20, 2011
That looks pretty dang good! I havent tried fatties yet but that makes me want to give it a shot. Good job. Thumbs Up

Last edited:

g wikky

Joined Jan 7, 2014
Thank you. They were beyond tasty. Going to do it again sometime, except with pulled pork in it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mbogo

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 11, 2012
Thought for a minute that somebody finally put some fire to Al Franken's ass.....  I guy can hope, can't he????????      Hopeless in Minnesota.................

boykjo

Sausage maker
Staff member
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Joined Apr 28, 2010
Nice fattie...................

phillip p smith

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 5, 2013
Did you cook that wrapped with what look like Saran wrap?

How long did you smoke it and at what temperature?

sqwib

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 25, 2007
Looks like you got a winner there.
Great job thanks for sharing

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.