My first Fattie

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jdsmith

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Sep 1, 2009
Southeast Iowa
So last night I made my first fattie, which was the 2nd time I used my new grill as a smoker with the firebox. Thanks to FMCowboy who's recipe I pretty much copied. I used just plain ground pork. Didn't put any rub on the meat. Used pepperonis (and used the idea to nuke them for 20 seconds in the microwave on a paper towel to cook out some of the grease). I also used a mix of fresh mushroom, onion, green pepper, and some minced garlic and sauted it on the stove. I then put some mozzerella cheese in there (forgot to take a pic of that step)

I kept the temp at 225-250 and cooked it for 2.5 hours. The internal temp was about 170-175 when I pulled it off. It tasted really good. I did not think it was dry. I couldn't really taste the pepperonis. I think I should have put more in. I'm gonna make a couple more Saturday morning (probably try some new ingredients) along with some ABT's. My pepper plants (banana & jalepeno) are about to fall over they have so many peppers on them!
51e94af7_vbattach22608.jpg

1e776591_vbattach22609.jpg

a00c8284_vbattach22610.jpg

53b30fa9_vbattach22611.jpg

5ecfbd77_vbattach22612.jpg

7de6274c_vbattach22613.jpg

d7cd9e32_vbattach22614.jpg

Looks good jdsmith, congrats on your first one.
You ever have any leftovers you can freeze them and thaw over and over and cut slices off as you need them, nuke or fry in a pan, toss on a biscuit with an egg and you have a great Breakfast sandwich.

Congrats on your first believe me of many fatties to come. Yours spounds and looks really good too. Like fire said you can freeze them and thaw them and they are good on toast as a sandwich or just bye themselfs again. So
points.gif
on your first but always remeber "one cooked is one hooked"

Congrats on your first FATTY, now you can expand the envelope. It's all good my friend.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky