Home cured bacon wrapped fatty

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thegreatstate

Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 15, 2023
Came across great directions here for a fatty, always wanted to make one so I thawed out a 2lb brick of bacon I cured a few weeks ago and threw 5 lbs of amazing Red Neck Sausage (there out of Kalispell MT) into 4-1 gallon zipped freezing 3 of them for later. Rolled in some pepperoni, mozzarella balls and some shredded mozzarella into the middle, rolled it up put it in the fridge to hold firm while I sliced the bacon.

I don’t have a great way of slicing bacon figured out yet but I sort of like how chunky it is hand cut. Built the weave and rolled up the sausage while my pit barrel smoker got up to temp.
IMG_3805.jpeg

I did do a couple bacon sample tastes as well.
IMG_3807.jpeg

Into the smoker at around 275 got close to 3 hours.
IMG_3809.jpeg
IMG_3811.jpeg

Came out amazing, definitely going to be doing another one from the sausage in my freezer.

IMG_3817.jpeg
IMG_3819.jpeg
IMG_3822.jpeg

I really like the way that weave turned out! It's more rustic looking than most. I have never done one as I always do basic naked fatties from breakfast sausage logs.

Reactions: thegreatstate
That is a great looking fatty! Fantastic job, I'm thinking it will inspire someone here that has never done one to give it a go.

Reactions: thegreatstate
Came across great directions here for a fatty, always wanted to make one so I thawed out a 2lb brick of bacon I cured a few weeks ago and threw 5 lbs of amazing Red Neck Sausage (there out of Kalispell MT) into 4-1 gallon zipped freezing 3 of them for later. Rolled in some pepperoni, mozzarella balls and some shredded mozzarella into the middle, rolled it up put it in the fridge to hold firm while I sliced the bacon.

I don’t have a great way of slicing bacon figured out yet but I sort of like how chunky it is hand cut. Built the weave and rolled up the sausage while my pit barrel smoker got up to temp. View attachment 675076

I did do a couple bacon sample tastes as well. View attachment 675077

Into the smoker at around 275 got close to 3 hours. View attachment 675078View attachment 675079

Came out amazing, definitely going to be doing another one from the sausage in my freezer.

View attachment 675082View attachment 675080View attachment 675081 Poppy Playtime Chapter 1 Mod APK introduces players to a hauntingly immersive world, blending suspense and puzzles for a gaming experience that lingers in the mind." "Step into the eerie charm of Poppy Playtime Chapter 1, where a mix of horror and whimsy unfolds, offering gamers a captivating journey through inventive challenges and unexpected twists.
Just got off the phone with a processor who is butchering a hog we got. They're gonna leave the bellies whole and fresh for me (picking up tomorrow) so I can immediately start curing them. BUT......I don't have a recipe planned...... That's where y'all come in! HIT ME!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky