• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My first chucky.

Winterrider

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Sep 29, 2018
Looks like your 1st go was a complete success.

chopsaw

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Can't go wrong with a smoked chuck . Looks good .
I just bought a whole chuck pectoral at GFS 2 days ago . $5.50 a pound . Should be a couple chuck eyes , a petite tender maybe a flat iron steak . Couple roast , then the rest I'll grind .
I stick it in my beer helmet and drink it while I am cooking.
Makes a good bloody bull . Bloody Mary with beef stock .

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Nice Looking Chuck, Steve!!
I gotta Smoke one again, but they're way too high right now!!
Like.

Bear

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
That looks awesome Steve! Gonna make some dang good sandwiches, makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Beef here is expensive also, but a local store has briskets on sale for 2.99 lb I finally snagged one yesterday.

Ryan

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
That Chuck looks wonderful Steve, I could just about live on FD sannys, Like! I'll be off to Sam's Club later this morning to maintain supplies, we've kept everything stocked to the max the last few months waiting for another shutdown. Chicken and pork have stayed roughly the same, beef might be slightly higher overall. I have cards to the three large grocery stores here in Gilbert and keep my eye on the weekly sales, something can always be found at a decent price. RAY
Thanks Ray. I usually just get deli sliced roast beef to make it. I think that is coming to a end.

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Nice Looking Chuck, Steve!!
I gotta Smoke one again, but they're way too high right now!!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear! I'm not buying any either because of the prices. I have a few left for now.

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
That looks awesome Steve! Gonna make some dang good sandwiches, makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Beef here is expensive also, but a local store has briskets on sale for 2.99 lb I finally snagged one yesterday.

Ryan
Thank you Ryan! I'm watching the brisket prices too. But, I have zero room for one at the moment thanks to Lowes.

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Thanks Winterrider Winterrider I overlooked your post. I believe it came out quite well for the first time.

tx smoker

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Apr 14, 2013
WOW STEVE!!The chuck itself looks amazing but that sandwich is absolutely to die for!! Excellent job my friend. You'd never know it was a first attempt, that's for sure.

Robert

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
WOW STEVE!!The chuck itself looks amazing but that sandwich is absolutely to die for!! Excellent job my friend. You'd never know it was a first attempt, that's for sure.

Robert
Thanks Robert! I guess I just got lucky. That, and researching how to do this without screwing it up too much!

Inscrutable

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2019
Steve, can’t tell you how jealous I am of (what appears to be) beef on weck! Virtually impossible to find down here. Made it a couple times when we lived where there was a bakery run by Buffalo refugees, gone now. :emoji_disappointed:
Going to have to try to modify the hamburger buns recipes been seeing on here.

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Steve, can’t tell you how jealous I am of (what appears to be) beef on weck! Virtually impossible to find down here. Made it a couple times when we lived where there was a bakery run by Buffalo refugees, gone now. :emoji_disappointed:
Going to have to try to modify the hamburger buns recipes been seeing on here.
That's what it is. Though on steroids. The smoked chuck takes it to a whole new dimension. I make beef on a weck often. They are great sandwiches.

Inscrutable

Smoking Fanatic
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 4, 2019
That's what it is. Though on steroids. The smoked chuck takes it to a whole new dimension. I make beef on a weck often. They are great sandwiches.
Used to be my favorite (lived in western NY) ... heck, still my favorite, just can’t find here.
If I can find or make kimmelweck, I will be doing a chucky with appropriate seasoning in the SV hot tub :emoji_yum:

Steve H

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Used to be my favorite (lived in western NY) ... heck, still my favorite, just can’t find here.
If I can find or make kimmelweck, I will be doing a chucky with appropriate seasoning in the SV hot tub :emoji_yum:
I'm guessing it is the rolls you can't find. PM me your address. Next time I see a pack I'll seal um up and send them your way.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Dang! That FD is MONEY! I'd be willing to buy a plate of that...JJ

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.