My first chucky.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Can't go wrong with a smoked chuck . Looks good .
I just bought a whole chuck pectoral at GFS 2 days ago . $5.50 a pound . Should be a couple chuck eyes , a petite tender maybe a flat iron steak . Couple roast , then the rest I'll grind .
I stick it in my beer helmet and drink it while I am cooking.
Makes a good bloody bull . Bloody Mary with beef stock .

Nice Looking Chuck, Steve!!
I gotta Smoke one again, but they're way too high right now!!
Like.

Bear

That looks awesome Steve! Gonna make some dang good sandwiches, makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Beef here is expensive also, but a local store has briskets on sale for 2.99 lb I finally snagged one yesterday.

Ryan

That Chuck looks wonderful Steve, I could just about live on FD sannys, Like! I'll be off to Sam's Club later this morning to maintain supplies, we've kept everything stocked to the max the last few months waiting for another shutdown. Chicken and pork have stayed roughly the same, beef might be slightly higher overall. I have cards to the three large grocery stores here in Gilbert and keep my eye on the weekly sales, something can always be found at a decent price. RAY

Thanks Ray. I usually just get deli sliced roast beef to make it. I think that is coming to a end.

That looks awesome Steve! Gonna make some dang good sandwiches, makes my mouth water just thinking about it. Beef here is expensive also, but a local store has briskets on sale for 2.99 lb I finally snagged one yesterday.

Ryan
Thank you Ryan! I'm watching the brisket prices too. But, I have zero room for one at the moment thanks to Lowes.

Last night I put the chucky in the oven to heat back up. And plated up. I am beyond words with how good these came out!

P7021029.jpg

WOW STEVE!!The chuck itself looks amazing but that sandwich is absolutely to die for!! Excellent job my friend. You'd never know it was a first attempt, that's for sure.

Robert

WOW STEVE!!The chuck itself looks amazing but that sandwich is absolutely to die for!! Excellent job my friend. You'd never know it was a first attempt, that's for sure.

Robert

Thanks Robert! I guess I just got lucky. That, and researching how to do this without screwing it up too much!

Steve, can’t tell you how jealous I am of (what appears to be) beef on weck! Virtually impossible to find down here. Made it a couple times when we lived where there was a bakery run by Buffalo refugees, gone now. :emoji_disappointed:
Going to have to try to modify the hamburger buns recipes been seeing on here.

Steve, can’t tell you how jealous I am of (what appears to be) beef on weck! Virtually impossible to find down here. Made it a couple times when we lived where there was a bakery run by Buffalo refugees, gone now. :emoji_disappointed:
Going to have to try to modify the hamburger buns recipes been seeing on here.
That's what it is. Though on steroids. The smoked chuck takes it to a whole new dimension. I make beef on a weck often. They are great sandwiches.

That's what it is. Though on steroids. The smoked chuck takes it to a whole new dimension. I make beef on a weck often. They are great sandwiches.
Used to be my favorite (lived in western NY) ... heck, still my favorite, just can’t find here.
If I can find or make kimmelweck, I will be doing a chucky with appropriate seasoning in the SV hot tub :emoji_yum:

Used to be my favorite (lived in western NY) ... heck, still my favorite, just can’t find here.
If I can find or make kimmelweck, I will be doing a chucky with appropriate seasoning in the SV hot tub :emoji_yum:
I'm guessing it is the rolls you can't find. PM me your address. Next time I see a pack I'll seal um up and send them your way.

Dang! That FD is MONEY! I'd be willing to buy a plate of that...JJ

Reactions: Steve H
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky