• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

My first "Chucky". I turned it into Enchiladas, with Q/View

shinny

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 8, 2012
First: Thanks Dutch for posting the recipe in 2007 that's now a sticky

I started with a 3.5lb Chuck roast. I added salt, pepper, a little granulated garlic and onion powder

Then brought the kamado up to 250* and put her on  with pecan and cherry wood

When it hit 169IT, I added beef broth and foiled until it reached 205*. Then I pulled it

I took half of it and set aside for burritos later on this weekend. Then I put enchilada sauce in the bottom of the pan, wrapped the beef, some caramelized onions and cilantro in a tortilla and set it seam down in the pan. I made 10 enchiladas and covered them in cheese.

20 minutes later:

The best enchiladas I have ever made. My oldest couldn't stop eating them.

Thanks to everyone on this forum for the ideas, recipes and help. You're the greatest.

Shinny

dirtsailor2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Oct 4, 2012
Oh man that looks fantastic!!!! Nice work! Going to put this one on the to do list!!!

Points!!!

duffman

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Jul 15, 2010
Wow. I haven't done a chucky in a few years. This might be a good year to do some chuckies.

shinny

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Feb 8, 2012
Thanks everyone.

I didn't know where to put this in the forum, so I'm adding it to this thread since it started with the chuck roast.

I had left over chucky and ribs that I did yesterday so I made a modified calzone from each:

I made fresh pizza dough, divided it into 6 sections, rolled it out and filled each one. I sauteed onions and peppers for the beef, added provolone cheese and I did two with ribs and mac & cheese, plus 2 pizza calzones for the youngest. I hope you enjoy.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.