My First Brisket with Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

itsmetimd

Fire Starter
Original poster
Sep 13, 2010
Woodstock, GA
Did this little brisket up today, I'm still learning (fighting with) the fire part of smoking and try to get my temps to hold but I think I'm getting there thanks to all the great input from the forum members.

This came up pretty good, had it on the smoker for 7 hours and finished in the oven to get it up to 190.

Nice lookin' flat...got a killer smoke ring, and foil juices to finish it up on the plate. I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, fire control isn't as important as is ash fall-out...if the ashes will drop from the fire grate, you'll be in smoke heaven. Smoke chamber temp peaks and valleys won't hurt anything, and are expected with charcoal fired smokers...it's really the average temp that counts the most, IMO.

I used to be pretty critical of my chamber temps, even with a gasser, but there's no real need to get concerned unless temps are on a continuous climb or drop, then you need to take corrective action.

Keep smokin', 'cause it looks great from where I'm sittin'!

Eric

Last edited:
Nice lookin' flat...got a killer smoke ring, and foil juices to finish it up on the plate. I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, fire control isn't as important as is ash fall-out...if the ashes will drop from the fire grate, you'll be in smoke heaven. Smoke chamber temp peaks and valleys won't hurt anything, and are expected with charcoal fired smokers...it's really the average temp that counts the most, IMO.

I used to be pretty critical of my chamber temps, even with a gasser, but there's no real need to get concerned unless temps are on a continuous climb or drop, then you need to take corrective action.

Keep smokin', 'cause it looks great from where I'm sittin'!

Eric
Thanks Eric!  Got a few tips on modding my firebox some to help with the ash fall out.  I'm trying not to be too picky on the temps but seem to fight to get it to 225'ish then it wants to fall quickly.  The fire today did a bit better and I think with a few more tweaks I'll get it there.

Glad I have a forum like this to get tips from.  If I'd taken my Smoke 'N Pit home and thought I'd be able to light a fire and go I don't think I'd have ever gotten things where they need to be.

icon_cool.gif

Now that is one fine looking flat you have there and that smoke ring is really awesome too.

How much did that tube of red lipstick cost ???

Just kidding---Beautiful little flat you got there!

I'll bet it tasted Great!

Thanks for showing,

Bear

How much did that tube of red lipstick cost ???

Just kidding---Beautiful little flat you got there!

I'll bet it tasted Great!

Thanks for showing,

Bear
No lipstick there, I use water colors... blends in with the meat and looks more believable.
PDT_Armataz_01_28.gif

She's a beaut Clark! a real beaut..... obscure movie reference, Nice ring!
Classic movie for sure!  "the little lights aren't twinkling"....great looking brisket, I haven't done a brisket yet, but it is definitely on the thing to do list!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky