My deer sausage recipe

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Smokemifyougotem

Original poster
Jul 24, 2020
Thought I would share my deer sausage recipe. It works well as a pork sausage to but you need to cut the coriander and marjoram in 1/2. The picture is a screenshot of onedrive off my phone, I have an easy excel spreadsheet built, you just enter your final KG and it does the math for me. I know its in metric but i find it just easier for figuring and a career in Canada's oilpatch has me pretty much on the metric train. If it helps 1 kg = 2.2lbs and 1 g = .0353 ounces. (you guys probably already know this)

Attachments

• Deer Sausage.png
    Deer Sausage.png
    95.9 KB · Views: 77
I’m no dirty commie but metric is way easier, just sayin, everything divided by 10 even I can do that math. (Btw most scales have a button to convert back and forth so you could always leave the recipe in metric, just don’t tell your buddies. No one will know.)

i just wish the rest of the world would measure like us cavemen in the usa. :emoji_laughing:
SIYG, Thanks for sharing but really in metric ?? :emoji_laughing:

I'm horrible with metric measurements also and that's why the digital scale I bought will weigh in American and metric. Truth be told, I actually prefer weighing in grams because it's a much finer measurement and you can be far more accurate when weighing stuff.

Just my .02,
Robert

I like the spreadsheet idea I do the same with my bacon I'd love to give this a try. Would I be OK with bulk sausage just want to try a couple pounds?

Yes sure, I used to have the actual teaspoon measurements for all the spices for smaller batches but I can’t find it for some reason.

Reactions: Wurstmeister
I’m no dirty commie but metric is way easier, just sayin, everything divided by 10 even I can do that math. (Btw most scales have a button to convert back and forth so you could always leave the recipe in metric, just don’t tell your buddies. No one will know.)
Upside, metric is definitely a conversation starter. Think of the conversation when you ask you friends if they want a kilo or two....of sausage or brisket?🍻

Reactions: Smokemifyougotem
Yes sure, I used to have the actual teaspoon measurements for all the spices for smaller batches but I can’t find it for some reason.
This might be of some help. It's an excel spread sheet from English to Metric. Gram spice conversion from TSP and TBS copy 1.xls - Google Drive Original source is AUTO EXCEL SHEET FOR RECIPE SIZING (bradleysmoker.com) . Not sure what the other sheets are, but they might be useful as well. I use Chef -Resources excel sheets just to be simple when working with resturant chefs. 🍻

Reactions: Smokemifyougotem
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky