My adventures in starting dry curing

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Adam that looks fantastic

Richie

icon14.gif

Can't believe I just found this, farmer! I've been interested in trying dry curing for a while (I have Cappicola & Pancetta in CMAi bags just a couple of ounces from target). I'm out of room at home, but I figured I could find space at work for an old fridge in the warehouse. A fermentation chamber has stymied me though. When I saw the mini greenhouse I think I heard a choir singing Hallelujah! Great idea! Thumbs Up
Dan

Yum! Looks great Adam!

Brilliant!

Thanks guys.

Can't believe I just found this, farmer! I've been interested in trying dry curing for a while (I have Cappicola & Pancetta in CMAi bags just a couple of ounces from target). I'm out of room at home, but I figured I could find space at work for an old fridge in the warehouse. A fermentation chamber has stymied me though. When I saw the mini greenhouse I think I heard a choir singing Hallelujah! Great idea! Thumbs Up
Dan

Lol. I got the idea from someone else.

Big pepperoni finally done. Dried for almost 2 months. Vac sealed and gonna slice as needed and revac seal.

Thin slice. Held together great.

Added a bressola a few days ago. Got some nice mold growth so far.

Looks like I have room for something else now.

WOW, that is awesome ! Very nice job bud... Thumbs Up :drool

Sliced some pepperoni and coppa for a frozen pizza for dinner

The fat you see in the coppa just disappeared when eating it. Don't even know it's there but added flavor.

By gosh Adam.....   That looks sooooo good...   Great job.......

Dave

Thanks Dave

Wow. That's some nice colour. Have you tried the coppa (uncooked).? How do you like it?

I did try it uncooked, didn't care for the flavor. I did a white wine rinse on this one. Tasted great cooked.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky