My 2nd Brisket

Discussion in 'Beef' started by pellet, Jan 15, 2012.

1. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]This is brisket #2 for me and it was only a 4 lber but its tender and  and has a good taste. Not sure if I like the red wine and red wine with salt and mustard and  olive oil, I used the drippings for the mop and added some Veggie broth and beef broth for enhancement, but its turned out edible none the the less Wife went shopping for a couple of hours and the thing has aready rested an hour or so and it was calling my name. Cell ph pics just ont do justice, I need a new camera

2. oldschoolbbq

oldschoolbbq Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Just for jiggles , next time use Salt and Cracked Black Pepper with maybe some Garlic Powder. Beef likes Pepper and you will too . Simpler is better, the flavor may not need a sauce .

Just sayin'...

Stan      aka      oldschoolbbq

Have fun and...

3. adiochiro3

adiochiro3 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I agree with Stan -- keep it simple and let the meat and smoke speak for themselves.  Glad you enjoyed!

4. Yep I used Salt, cracked peppercorns on the first one and 2 hrs into the smoke I started hitting it with apple juice spritz. Probably go back to that but the wife says she liked this one better than the first but it could beI got too much pepper and that was her only thoughts on it that it had too much bite for her liking. I'll find something in the middle as compromise.

5. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

It sure looks good, even with the blurry photo's.

6. chef jimmyj

chef jimmyj Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator Group Lead OTBS Member

Looks Juicy...JJ

7. raptor700

raptor700 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

It does look good, awesome color [​IMG]

8. scarbelly

scarbelly Smoking Guru OTBS Member

X2 - glad you are dialing in your flavors