• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

my 1st steak on weber kettle

SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

aussiq

Smoke Blower
Apr 8, 2016
This is my 1st steak ive cooked on the weber kettle charcoal

Iam thinking about how to describe it. It was a last min decision to cook the bbq so i wouldnt have a clue to how much coals i used or how long i cooked except when i direct heat reverse sear at the end which was 1.5 mins each side. I forgot to probe for temp.only one turn before going to reverse sear and i only checked it twice. Think there isnt enough sear but for something thats no frills . It melted in your mouth and had nice flavor just from the coals and a light salting that i rubed it with

bluewhisper

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Apr 1, 2014
Great! I've never done a reverse sear.

One thing about the Webers is, if you're done cooking and you still have coals with time left in them, you can close it up and snuff them for future use.

seenred

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Feb 9, 2009
Looks pretty delicious from here...nicely done!  
icon14.gif

Red

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 22, 2009
Looks delicious!

Great job!

Al

bigal

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Sep 21, 2006
Nice even cook!  Hard to beat that!  Very nice job and thanks for the pix! 

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
Nice cook, I love cookin on my kettle ! Thumbs Up

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Nicely done I would like one of them thanks

Richie

aussiq

Smoke Blower
Apr 8, 2016
Thanx eveyone... i didnt no where to begin. Hopefully i didnt set the bar to high and this is just the standard for things to come

smokesontuesday

Smoking Fanatic
Jul 25, 2014
Looks great to me. Sometimes not having a clue what you did results in the best fun trying to recreate it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Top Bottom
Clicky