Mustard single ribs and Mike's Wife's Special Potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I thought for a second you invented a new method for cooking ribs by putting mashed potatoes on top of them for the final hour in a 3-2-1 smoke. Haha! Do you have a link to your special sauce. That sound wonderful.

Thanks Sven for the Love and the comment

Ha Ha , no invention but I have wrapped ribs around loaded mashed potatoes before

The sauce is my mustard pickle sauce and I will add it here . I really love it . Tart and sweet
DSC_5815.JPG
David

Attachments

• Mustard Pickles.pdf
    548.7 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
That's a fine looking meal David. Tasty looking.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Wow David! Everything looks excellent. Great work on those Ribs, I'm gonna try that next time. Also thanks for the Kudos on the Potatoes, I'll share those with the Mrs. They look perfect. Thanks for sharing the Sauce recipe, trying that too. Great job.

Wow David! Everything looks excellent. Great work on those Ribs, I'm gonna try that next time. Also thanks for the Kudos on the Potatoes, I'll share those with the Mrs. They look perfect. Thanks for sharing the Sauce recipe, trying that too. Great job.

Thanks Mike for the like and the comment

The ribs are great done like this , but I can eat ribs just about any way they are done.
And yes tell the Missis that they were a hit and will be done again, :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

love my Mustard Pickles and as a Bonus there is always a little of the sauce left over and because I did a couple batches this year I had lots leftover after filling the bottles. Still have 1 bottle of sauce left.

David

That is a killer looking meal there David!
I have to try the single ribs too, I’m thinking bacon wrapped.
Those ribs look fantastic!
Al

Nice cook bud. Love mash any way you do it. That mustard Pickle sauce sounds pretty interesting. I cut some ribs up for the high heat method using the vortex recently. I will doing that again.

Thanks Brian for the like and the comment

I am all about spuds also. And the pickle sauce is great also.
The cut ribs give me more area for flavor, as long as there is some meat on them

David

David:
That looks fantastic. I am brand new to the Forum and this is my first action here. I can already see that I will learn a lot and hopefully pick up my smoking/cooking game.

Is there any chance you could fil me in on the potatos? Recipe? Suggestions?

Thank you so much.

B

David:
That looks fantastic. I am brand new to the Forum and this is my first action here. I can already see that I will learn a lot and hopefully pick up my smoking/cooking game.

Is there any chance you could fil me in on the potatos? Recipe? Suggestions?

Thank you so much.

B

Hi B thanks for the comment
It was a good meal

And welcome to the forum , you are going to like it here . This is a great place to help with all your smoking needs and also show us what you do , We love pictures here also

I do a lot of different potato in some special cooks , smoked and etc. I love me some potatoes. You can use the search button in the top right corner of the page. Just type in what you want and either the members call mane or just hit search .
I just typed in " stuffed potatoes " than my name drksmoking and hit search and a few of mine came up here is one you will like

It is a large rolled filled scallop potato, hope you like it

This recipe was from an other forum member's wife ( MJB05615 MJB05615 , Mike ) . He gave me/us the recipe and I tried it . I will post it at the end of this letter to you.
Any questions you have about smoking or curing meats making sausages or just anything just ask .
You can post questions just about anywhere , in the food category of the item you are wondering about,

You should also go to Roll Call and introduce yourself, and tell us your likes , what you smoke on or would like to .

Any questions please just ask , someone will be along to help you , as we a great bunch of folks here.

David

Here is the recipe from Mike : for his potato recipe

As you know I am all about a big plate of taters, What would they be , I must have missed what they were or how she did them up
Thanks

David
Here's the Special Potatoes recipe. I thought I posted a few months ago, it was December 2020, lol.
Here's the Special Potatoes Recipe as near as it can be, it's pretty simple, she came up with it over 25 years ago. It is probably similar to other recipes, but we only have it with Special meals:
Boil 5 lbs potatoes as you would for Mashed Potatoes, add Salt to water while potatoes are boiling.
When almost ready like Mashed would be, but not quite the doneness, drain them, add 1 stick of Butter to the empty pot so it starts melting.
Put Potatoes back into the pot.
Dice 1 medium Onion, add to the pot.
Add 1/4 cup Garlic Powder + 1- 2 TBS Black Pepper + 1 TBS Paprika.
Mash this mixture not all the way, keep it a little lumpy.
Stir so all is mixed together.
Spray a baking pan with Pam, she uses a lasagna 9x13 pan.
Pour mixture into pan, smooth it out.
Add another TBS or 2 of Paprika sprinkled over the top.
Spray top with nice coating of Pam.
Cover with foil, bake at 400' for at least an hour.
Serve, you can uncover for the last 10-15 minutes of cooking if you like it crispier.
Warning, for some reason these stay extremely hot to the touch for a very long time after serving. We don't know why but we often joke about this. Hope you like it as much as we do. You can probably adjust some ingredients to your personal taste. It's not very spicy. Thanks for looking.

Mike

Hi B thanks for the comment
It was a good meal

And welcome to the forum , you are going to like it here . This is a great place to help with all your smoking needs and also show us what you do , We love pictures here also

I do a lot of different potato in some special cooks , smoked and etc. I love me some potatoes. You can use the search button in the top right corner of the page. Just type in what you want and either the members call mane or just hit search .
I just typed in " stuffed potatoes " than my name drksmoking and hit search and a few of mine came up here is one you will like

It is a large rolled filled scallop potato, hope you like it

This recipe was from an other forum member's wife ( MJB05615 MJB05615 , Mike ) . He gave me/us the recipe and I tried it . I will post it at the end of this letter to you.
Any questions you have about smoking or curing meats making sausages or just anything just ask .
You can post questions just about anywhere , in the food category of the item you are wondering about,

You should also go to Roll Call and introduce yourself, and tell us your likes , what you smoke on or would like to .

Any questions please just ask , someone will be along to help you , as we a great bunch of folks here.

David

Here is the recipe from Mike : for his potato recipe

Here's the Special Potatoes recipe. I thought I posted a few months ago, it was December 2020, lol.
Here's the Special Potatoes Recipe as near as it can be, it's pretty simple, she came up with it over 25 years ago. It is probably similar to other recipes, but we only have it with Special meals:
Boil 5 lbs potatoes as you would for Mashed Potatoes, add Salt to water while potatoes are boiling.
When almost ready like Mashed would be, but not quite the doneness, drain them, add 1 stick of Butter to the empty pot so it starts melting.
Put Potatoes back into the pot.
Dice 1 medium Onion, add to the pot.
Add 1/4 cup Garlic Powder + 1- 2 TBS Black Pepper + 1 TBS Paprika.
Mash this mixture not all the way, keep it a little lumpy.
Stir so all is mixed together.
Spray a baking pan with Pam, she uses a lasagna 9x13 pan.
Pour mixture into pan, smooth it out.
Add another TBS or 2 of Paprika sprinkled over the top.
Spray top with nice coating of Pam.
Cover with foil, bake at 400' for at least an hour.
Serve, you can uncover for the last 10-15 minutes of cooking if you like it crispier.
Warning, for some reason these stay extremely hot to the touch for a very long time after serving. We don't know why but we often joke about this. Hope you like it as much as we do. You can probably adjust some ingredients to your personal taste. It's not very spicy. Thanks for looking.

Mike

David:

Thank you so much for the welcome and the recipe. Going to try to cook them this weekend. I really appreciate you taking the time to respond and offer some tips for the site. I will go to Roll Call ASAP.

Gratefully,

B

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky