Mustard single ribs and Mike's Wife's Special Potatoes

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada

Found some ribs not on sale. lol But not terrible either. So wanted to try my Mustard sauce that I saved when I made my pickles a couple weeks ago, Always have extra and I can eat the sauce while still out right out of the pot.
Teaser 20.JPG

Sorry back to the ribs and Mike's MJB05615 MJB05615 special potatoes that his wife makes. These are very good ( but I had to change just a little for me , I cut back on the garlic just some and added also green onions ) They were great and will do them again Thanks Mike

I cut the ribs so more coverage on the pieces, I used my rib mix and Lanes Q-Nami as a coating. Placed in a bag in the fridge for an hour
1.JPG 2.JPG
3.JPG 4.JPG 5.JPG

Into the smoker at 250/260 for 2 hours with Black Cherry chips. Than wrapped with my mustard Pickle sauce and back in for 1 1/2 hours+/-. Than uncovered in a pan for 1 more hour basted with the juice from the foil wraps and a little brown sugar and more of the musterd sauce

6.JPG 8.JPG 9.JPG
10.JPG

11.JPG
12.JPG

So during all of this I made the potatoes and added all and into the over for 50 minutes . Than uncovered for 10 minutes under the broiler

14.JPG 15.JPG

Ribs are done and so are the baked mashed

13.JPG

17.JPG

16.JPG
18.JPG

1665926131453.jpeg

Time to sity and enjoy, and that I did . Chopped up a little tomatoes ad cukes with some Ranch dressing , had 2 plates so this is a
big yes for me.

20.JPG

21.JPG

The mustard sauce was very good and Mikes wife's potatoes were a hit also

Thanks for sticking around if you made it

David

Attachments

• 19.JPG
    19.JPG
    164.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 1665926101006.jpeg
    1665926101006.jpeg
    161.4 KB · Views: 7
Oh man that looks amazing! I bet that mustard sauce took them to another level of awesomeness. Is there an advantage to slicing the ribs before cooking? I have never tried that before.

Reactions: DRKsmoking

Found some ribs not on sale. lol But not terrible either. So wanted to try my Mustard sauce that I saved when I made my pickles a couple weeks ago, Always have extra and I can eat the sauce while still out right out of the pot.
Teaser View attachment 646040

Sorry back to the ribs and Mike's MJB05615 MJB05615 special potatoes that his wife makes. These are very good ( but I had to change just a little for me , I cut back on the garlic just some and added also green onions ) They were great and will do them again Thanks Mike

I cut the ribs so more coverage on the pieces, I used my rib mix and Lanes Q-Nami as a coating. Placed in a bag in the fridge for an hour
View attachment 646021 View attachment 646022
View attachment 646023 View attachment 646024 View attachment 646025

Into the smoker at 250/260 for 2 hours with Black Cherry chips. Than wrapped with my mustard Pickle sauce and back in for 1 1/2 hours+/-. Than uncovered in a pan for 1 more hour basted with the juice from the foil wraps and a little brown sugar and more of the musterd sauce

View attachment 646026 View attachment 646028 View attachment 646029
View attachment 646030

View attachment 646031 View attachment 646032

So during all of this I made the potatoes and added all and into the over for 50 minutes . Than uncovered for 10 minutes under the broiler

View attachment 646034 View attachment 646035

Ribs are done and so are the baked mashed

View attachment 646033
View attachment 646037
View attachment 646036 View attachment 646038
View attachment 646043

Time to sity and enjoy, and that I did . Chopped up a little tomatoes ad cukes with some Ranch dressing , had 2 plates so this is a
big yes for me.

View attachment 646040

View attachment 646041

The mustard sauce was very good and Mikes wife's potatoes were a hit also

Thanks for sticking around if you made it

David
Fantastic ty for sharing.. I am becoming a fast fan of Lanes after trying their spellbound rub I think them and kosmos my favorites now

Wow David, that all looks superb. Very nice meal. A lot of steps on the ribs but it seemed worthwhile in the end. Yes, those taters would be a HUGE git buddy and the way Mike's wife does them is stellar.

I think I may have missed a recent post from you and I apologize. Had a lull in the craziness for a few minutes then things went berserk again and I missed some stuff.

Robert

I could make a meal just off the taters. And then you gotta throw them ribs in there too!?!? Those just took the meal over the top! I’d have to put on my stretchy pants after that meal.
Jim

• Haha
Oh man that looks amazing! I bet that mustard sauce took them to another level of awesomeness. Is there an advantage to slicing the ribs before cooking? I have never tried that before.

Thank you sir for the comment

Yes these were very good and the mustard sauce worked great with them
With cutting the ribs as singles I find you get more of what ever you coat them with has more coverage
this works good if there is some meat on the bones , and these ones did

David

Fantastic ty for sharing.. I am becoming a fast fan of Lanes after trying their spellbound rub I think them and kosmos my favorites now

Thanks Christian for the like and the comment

Yes Lane's Q-Nami is very good and I have used it on a lot of animals, and on veggies also
This time I blended it with a rub I made up a while back

David

Last edited:
Wow David, that all looks superb. Very nice meal. A lot of steps on the ribs but it seemed worthwhile in the end. Yes, those taters would be a HUGE git buddy and the way Mike's wife does them is stellar.

I think I may have missed a recent post from you and I apologize. Had a lull in the craziness for a few minutes then things went berserk again and I missed some stuff.

Robert

Thanks Robert for the like and the comment

Ha ha more pictures than real big steps. But like you I like to show what I did as to just say. Plus the pictures help me remember what I did also.
Yes taters from Mike's wife are real good , I did have to take the garlic back a notch for me , but the rest great plus I added green onions and parsley for some colour

I know you were hit with a lot of work from all your helpful buddies at work, but I don't think you missed much and if you did, like I mentioned before , all good life is like that.
I did lots of Pickles and Apple butter and jams

David

I could make a meal just off the taters. And then you gotta throw them ribs in there too!?!? Those just took the meal over the top! I’d have to put on my stretchy pants after that meal.
Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

You are like me, I LOVE me some potatoes
And yes I went in for a second plate of everything....good it was
Should have thought of the stretchy pants, lol

David

Reactions: JLeonard
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky