MULE'S CRAIGSLIST UNIVEX 7512 SLICE FIND!!!! CHA-CHING

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

themule69

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
I have been looking for a larger slicer for a while. I found a Craigslist slice with just a bad pic. It said commercial slicer used. I sent them an email asking what size, what brand, what size and could I get a phone number. I got a responce the next day saying Idono, with no phone number. I sent another message asking again for a phone number. I got a number the next day. I called and was told it was about a 9" blade she thought. Every other question I ask, the answer was Idono.She said it was not where she was. She told me she would call me back the next day with more info........

I thought about it for a min. and ask if I could come take a look. It was about an hour drive. She said ok. so over the mountain I went.

This is what I found.

Manufactures specs

Model: Univex 7512

This unit is shipped brand new complete with warranty.

Item: Duro, Manual Heavy Duty Slicer w/12" Blade.

Item Number: 7512.

Description:

Duro[emoji]8482[/emoji] Slicer, heavy duty, angle feed, manual, 12" diameter knife, cast aluminum base, belt-driven blade assembly, built-in sharpener, 1/3 HP motor.

Heavy-duty, belt-driven, manual, gravity-feed slicer. German hollow-ground hardened steel, high-carbon chrome-plated blade. Rugged multi-position meat holder. Permanent edge guard. Built-in sharpener. NSF, UL, CSA.

Features:

Medium duty slicer
  • 12” German hollow ground blade
  • Can be used on a moderate amount of cheese.
  • Perfect for restaurants, schools and small delis.
  • Manual operation, gravity-feed
  • Belt driven
  • Slice thickness up to 1 3/16””
  • Pilot light indicating when knife and motor are on.
  • Permanent blade edge guard for operator safety
  • Polished anodized aluminum surfaces and slip grooves
  • Built-in sharpener and meat holder
  • Removable carriage
  • Cord and plug.
  • Built-in sharpener
  • Permanent blade edge guard
  • Meat holder
    Manufacturer Information
    Manufacturer:Univex
    Model:7512
    List price:$3,544.00
    Power Information
    Powered by:115 volts
    Phases:1
    Watts:60
    Dimensions
    Weight:73 lbs.
    Width:26 in.
    Depth:33 in.
    Height:24 in.
So Ok I'm drooling
drool.gif
all over it. The asking price was $200.00 cash. It was missing 2 of the rubber feet and the nut that holds the cover on the sharpener.

I pointed out the missing parts and ask if she had a manual for it. She said no. I said ok I'll give you $150.00 cash right now for it. She said no she was pretty sure it was woth the $200 asking price. I said yes if it wasn't missing parts I' d that. But it does have missing parts. I'll go $175 and you won't have to answer any more emails and all of that spam. She came back with $190 is my bottom dollar.

I gave her $190 and drove off with a smile from ear to ear. I then stopped at the resturant suppy and bought 2 legs for $2.30 each. Then a wing nut from Lowes for $1.08 CHA-CHING
biggrin.gif

Now I need something to slice

Happy smoken

David

Didja kiss her?????
biggrin.gif
  While looking for something to slice, keep those fingers safe!

Congratulations! 12" = nice. I suppose you had your vette in the driveway the whole time you were saying parts missing.

Last edited:
Mule, afternoon.......  How do you sleep at night ????   That is pure, artful theft.......      KUDO's on a really good deal.....      

David...you should be ashamed of yourself, taking advantage of that poor woman...
police2.gif
  I think I should perform a citizen's arrest and confiscate that contraband slicer immediately.  
biggrin.gif

Seriously, nice score...I'm jealous!  I usually just miss out on those kind of deals...I'm the guy who always calls right after they sold it!

Red

Wow, What a deal. I missed out on a Commercial Hobart about 6 months ago. A sandwich shop was going out of business and selling stuff off. They had the hobart listed for $350.00 and I offered $200.00, the lady accepted, then to my utter surprise and disgust, I found my wife had spent the money I had been saving for such a deal.

I won't begin to tell how mad and upset I was.

Rich-

Wow, What a deal. I missed out on a Commercial Hobart about 6 months ago. A sandwich shop was going out of business and selling stuff off. They had the hobart listed for $350.00 and I offered $200.00, the lady accepted, then to my utter surprise and disgust, I found my wife had spent the money I had been saving for such a deal.

I won't begin to tell how mad and upset I was.

Rich-
Rich

Keep looking! I looked for better than a year. I found a couple. Lost a couple. Found a couple that was to far away or had a bad blade.

Then I hit the jackpot.

Go give the wife a kiss and say it's ok and move on.

Happy smoken.

David

David...you should be ashamed of yourself, taking advantage of that poor woman...
police2.gif
  I think I should perform a citizen's arrest and confiscate that contraband slicer immediately.  
biggrin.gif

Seriously, nice score...I'm jealous!  I usually just miss out on those kind of deals...I'm the guy who always calls right after they sold it!

Red
Red....Don't be a player hater.....I bought it just east of you.

biggrin.gif

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky