Mule's 15.67 LB brisket with long Qview UDS or MES 40???

Discussion in 'Beef' started by themule69, Mar 26, 2014.

1. Here comes my 15.67 LB monster brisket. I rubbed it down with my rub. It will rest untill tomorrow night. Depending on what the rain does here. Will determine if I use my UDS or MES 40. I would prefer to use the UDS if the rain holds off. More to come.
    Happy smoken.
    David

2. c farmer

c farmer Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I am watching. I vote uds. Will it fit in the mes?

3. woodcutter

woodcutter Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]

4. 2010ultra

2010ultra Smoke Blower

UDS UDS UDS

5. It is going to have to be tied for the MES. Not sure about the UDS. It is suppose to storm here tomorrow. The MES is in my shop. So it would be dry. I hope the weather allows for the UDS. I will just wait and see what happens.
    Happy smoken. David

6. It is going to rain some with strong winds. I'm going to fire up 5he UDS. I hope it will hold temperature ok. If it gets a little cool. That will be fine. I'm cooking for Saturday. I am using KB with apple and hickory. More to come.
    Happy smoken.
    David

7. c farmer

That thing will hold temps like a champ, you know that.    [​IMG]

8. so ms smoker

so ms smoker Master of the Pit Group Lead OTBS Member

[​IMG]     [​IMG]

Mike

9. foamheart

foamheart Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014

10. The brisket went on at 7:00. The temp dropped to 200. All vents are open. I'll let it get up to temperature. Then start closing down the bottom vents. More to come.
    Happy smoken.
    David

11. seenred

seenred Smoking Guru Group Lead OTBS Member

Hey, David! Good to hear from you Brother! Looks like you're off and running...looking forward to seeing how this one turns out!

:popcorn

Red

12. c farmer

I am going to do a briskey soon. Never done one before so I am glad your using the uds.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  13. 8:45 225 degrees. Shut off one nipple. The wind has died. I have nice TBS no rain yet. More to come.
    Happy smoken.
    David

14. Farmer. The first cook I did on this UDS was a overnight brisket. I dialed in the temperature and went to bed. Slept like a baby. Temp was still good the next morning.

I do need to remake my fire basket with bigger expanded metal. To let the ash fall out better on a long smoke.

15. waterinholebrew

waterinholebrew Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Looks nice, I'll be watchin for the rest of the Q view show for sure ! Thumbs Up :sausage:

Justin

16. c farmer

I have a big poppa smoker basket. No problem there.

17. I don't have a basket/temperature problem till after 10 or so hours of unattended. Then it slowly starts to loose temperature. I have done a 18 hour smoke and still had fuel.

18. Looks like you're off to a good start man  [​IMG]

19. At 8:00 AM I added more KB this is the 13 hour mark. It is 159 degrees IT. Looking good so far. Glad I went with the UDS. More to come.
    Happy smoken.
    David