Mrs Bear's Birthday Present (2019)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
Mrs Bear's Birthday Present

Every Year Bear Jr does something new for his Mom on her Birthday.
This year he and his Wife Bethany took Mom on a 2 hour Train Trip, complete with Dinner on the train. It was suppose to be the time with the best color of the Leaves on the Trees, but most of them were down already. The few days before the trip, we had 48 hours of rain, often pouring for hours, and then another day of High Winds, taking down about 80% of the Yellow & Orange & Red Leaves.
Mrs Bear did however take my little camera along, so I'll post some pics she took. She said she forgot to take pics of the "Short Rib Dinner" she had, and only thought about pictures in time for the two little Baby Cheesecakes she had.

Hope you enjoy the Pics:

Bear

The Train @ The Station, in Boyertown, PA, about a half hour from our house:
IMG_4261.jpg

Closer Look:
IMG_4262.jpg

One of the Dinning Cars:
IMG_4263.jpg

Mrs Bear Loves to spend time with Her Baby!!
IMG_4274.jpg

Not many leaves on the Trees yet:
IMG_4286.jpg

Bear Jr & Bethany:
IMG_4290.jpg

Their Dining Car was not crowded:
IMG_4291.jpg

The other Dining Car completely Empty:
IMG_4293.jpg

The only Pic of food was the two little Cheese Cakes:
IMG_4283.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4283.jpg
    IMG_4283.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Happy birthday to Mrs. Bear!! And what a very nice gift.

Where did the train go? We have a steam train that goes from my home (Mountaintop) to Jim Thorpe. They run it once or twice a year hosted by the rotary club. I actually just found out about it so I haven’t had the chance to check it out.

Like!

That is a great present. I hope Linda enjoyed her day. That train I've not taken but we took several trips on the Stroudsburg Railroad, South of Lancaster, when the kids were young...JJ

Happy birthday to Mrs. Bear!! And what a very nice gift.

Where did the train go? We have a steam train that goes from my home (Mountaintop) to Jim Thorpe. They run it once or twice a year hosted by the rotary club. I actually just found out about it so I haven’t had the chance to check it out.

Like!

Thank You Xray!!
It goes from Boyertown to Pottstown, Pottsgrove, Mt Pleasant, etc, etc.
Here's a Link: https://www.colebrookdalerailroad.com/about/photo-gallery/
With Pics & Stories from "Autumn Splender Train Trip".

Bear

That looks like a great trip . Surprised not more people on there . I bet she enjoyed that .

Lovely family in a lovely place! Happy Birthday to Mrs. Bear and best wishes to the whole Bear Den!

Disco

Tell Linda HAPPY BIRTHDAY from Bobbie and me
Looks like a fun trip

Gary

Happy Birthday to your wife! That was one very cool present your son got her. Beautiful pics too!

Kudo's to Bear Jr. and wife for taking his mother on a very nice ,unforgettable little trip. I'm sure she was very appreciative.
Happy Birthday to the Mrs.

Happy birthday to Mrs. Bear, looks like they had a nice time, they even had blue skies! I don't know why but the train station looks like something out of germany or Holland ( probably just me though) anyway hope she had a great birthday!!

That is a great present. I hope Linda enjoyed her day. That train I've not taken but we took several trips on the Stroudsburg Railroad, South of Lancaster, when the kids were young...JJ

Thank You Jimmy!!
Yup---There's a "Stroudsburg RR" & a "Strasburg RR", but I never figured out why they call one Stroudsburg, since Stroudsburg is about 100 miles North of there. I guess maybe the train runs from near Lancaster "100 miles" NE to Stroudsburg???
I don't know, because I was never on either of them. The only Train I was ever on went from Philly to Ft Bragg, North Carolina, on May 10th, 1968.

Bear

Last edited:
Big birthday wishes to your Missus, John!

And good on Bear Jr. for taking such good care of his Mama!

Red

Thank You Jimmy!!
Yup---There's a "Stroudsburg" & a "Strasburg", but I never figured out why they call one Stroudsburg, since Stroudsburg is about 100 miles North of there. I guess maybe the train runs from near Lancaster "100 miles" NE to Stroudsburg???

Bear

Oopps! The Railroad Museum is in Strasburg. Not sure if I confused them or the Auto Correct. Being mostly Blind in one eye my brain makes corrections too. Sometimes I can read a post three times before I hit reply. After I read it one more time I can find a couple misspellings...JJ

Thanks for the info Bear, my wife lives for this kinda stuff! This is a good one to stuff in the back pocket.

We did the Jim Thorpe on a few years ago. It was called the Leigh Gorge Scenic Railway. Took about an hour plus Jim Thorpe is a nice little town if you’ve never been.

That looks like a great trip . Surprised not more people on there . I bet she enjoyed that .

Thank You Rich!!
They said none of the other cars were crowded either, but maybe 20 or so people in some cars. But then it was Late Friday Morning too.

Bear

Lovely family in a lovely place! Happy Birthday to Mrs. Bear and best wishes to the whole Bear Den!

Disco

Thank You Disco!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Happy birthday wishes to your better half from the North East. It's to bad mother nature didn't cooperate with the foliage. It was a short season this year. It still looked like a good time was had by all.

Chris

Happy Birthday to Mrs Bear! Looks like she had a great time even with the color mostly down. We had the same weather last week but the smoky mountains and East TN are still kicking with the leaves!

Tell Linda HAPPY BIRTHDAY from Bobbie and me
Looks like a fun trip

Gary

Thank You Gary & Bobbie!!
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Happy Birthday to your wife! That was one very cool present your son got her. Beautiful pics too!

Thank You Jcam!!
Yeah, he's a good Son!!
Mrs Bear quit her Jobs more than 20 years ago, and has been his Full Time Secretary ever since.
And Thanks for the Like.

Bear

Reactions: jcam222
I went back and looked thru some of the pics of the building . Noticed the street lights . I have one of those next to the patio , but mine is all milk glass .
Wondering what year construction that is , old or new .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky