More Pork Steak

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

912smoker

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 29, 2020
Statesboro Ga
All of the ps cooks a couple of weeks ago left me hankering for some steaks. Found a pork shoulder and had it sliced into what should have 1 1/2 steaks.

20211103_163233.jpg
Got 7 cuts out of it.
Used my favorite steak rub on my 2 and Kosmos Killer Honey Bee on the rest .
On to the 1050 @ 275 with the cream cheese . Added pecan chucks for smoke
20211103_172744.jpg
Pulled when they hit 120 IT and cranked up the heat to 650 for the finish and a quick sear
20211103_191316.jpg

20211103_190425.jpg
Wife did the sides so all I had to do was give em a little rest and plate up
20211103_193957.jpg
Great flavor and texture for my taste.
They girls prefer the sweeter rub combo.
Then for dessert had a couple of biscuits topped with butter and local cane syrup
20211103_201111.jpg
Thanks to all for looking and for sharing your tips and ideas .
Keith

Wow! Really nice. Pork Steaks are a fav. I've never had Kane Syrup. How does it compare to Molasses? Walmart wants $18, free shipping, for Steen's in a 16 oz bottle. Seems like a lot of money...JJ

Reactions: 912smoker
Wow! Really nice. Pork Steaks are a fav. I've never had Kane Syrup. How does it compare to Molasses? Walmart wants $18, free shipping, for Steen's in a 12 oz bottle. Seems like a lot of money...JJ
It's sweeter than honey jj lol. Never had a mind to try molasses but if you're not in a rush I can send ya a fresh bottle . They usually start cooking the week after Thanksgiving and that's still the plan as of today.

That looks Excellent, Keith!!!
I wish I could get Pork Steaks.
Haven't seen any since the Pandemic hit us!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

................... I've never had Kane Syrup. How does it compare to Molasses? Walmart wants $18, free shipping, for Steen's in a 16 oz bottle. Seems like a lot of money...JJ

IMO Steen's is very similar to Grandma's Molasses. What I consider real Cane Syrup is more comparable to a really good grade A Maple Syrup. Really hard to find around me.

ETA - I just checked. Steen's is only $4.12 at Wal-Marts near me but that is still more than Grandma's.

Last edited:
Reactions: chef jimmyj
That looks Excellent, Keith!!!
I wish I could get Pork Steaks.
Haven't seen any since the Pandemic hit us!!
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thanks Bear I usually get the butcher to cut them for me from a shoulder or BB , whichever is on sale. I like them 1 1/2 thick.

Reactions: Bearcarver
Late to the game ,
but nice looking pork steaks, We love us some pork steak.
Nice looking meal,

David
Thanks David they were mighty good.
I usually smoke them to an IT of 195 or so but decided to try something different and sear.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
IT of 195 or so but decided to try something different and sear.

Last ones I did week or so ago, I seared the loin chops . Really kept in the juices

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky